Tuning down. Not as exciting as it used to be for me?

Haha! :ROFLMAO:

My recollection from seeing them live was Chris definitely changed guitars more than Kim did.
Maybe by a 2 to 1 margin. :idk Made me think Kim just adapted (especially if he was only playing
them noodly bits underneath) and stayed in one tuning while Chris was in another.

I need to listen to Badmotorfinger now. :headbang

Just a few minutes ago I think I convinced myself to start recording full songs again. I play drop A for my main style. Spent quite a lot of time finding that perfect balance of string tension, tuning and feel.

I do enjoy standard E but 6 string with all the strings dropped one string and the top dropped a whole step is where it's at for me.

7 and 8 strings are great but not quite the same.

For most of my years playing it's been Eb and E.
I really love D standard though, just has a certain something strung with 11's.
But here in my music room I have guitars strung in E, Eb, D, C# and C.

I usually wire one of the tone pots to cut bass whenever low strings get a bit too tubby.

Just a few minutes ago I think I convinced myself to start recording full songs again. I play drop A for my main style. Spent quite a lot of time finding that perfect balance of string tension, tuning and feel.

I do enjoy standard E but 6 string with all the strings dropped one string and the top dropped a whole step is where it's at for me.

7 and 8 strings are great but not quite the same.
Do what trips your trigger! :chef :love:chef

I've only really done standard E and Drop D, but I've been playing my Charvel almost exclusively now, and I don't have the D-tuna on the Floyd, so it's E for me.

Although I did tune my bass (4 string) down to C for a song I was recording. I spent a solid hour getting it intonated, redoing my standard Helix bass patch into something that sounded better with the lower notes, then kept recording and re-recording the track until I got the perfect take.........Then realized that it didn't really fit with the song in the first place and scraped the whole thing.

Back