Top 5 Streaming Recommendations: What You Got?

Thanks, Alex! I made it a couple of episodes into both Black Mirror and The Umbrella Academy
a few years ago. I'll check those others out, but it may be Ring Of Power night here. :beer
YW! As much as I also don't like period pieces, I thought RoP was pretty damn good

Mythical period pieces are ok. :LOL:
Elves and fairies are where I draw the line, but tte Mrs. is a teacher with a focus in English so here's no escape for me. True Blood also got a pass because it was a cool show if you can stomach vampires, fairies and cheesy fawning

Elves and fairies are where I draw the line, but tte Mrs. is a teacher with a focus in English so here's no escape for me. True Blood also got a pass because it was a cool show if you can stomach vampires, fairies and cheesy fawning
That’s fair. The cheesiness and flaws is balanced by the nudity, Sookie, and other pretty people, LOL. (By the way, loved that opening theme song…)

That’s fair. The cheesiness and flaws is balanced by the nudity, Sookie, and other pretty people, LOL. (By the way, loved that opening theme song…)
..and the action makes up for it as well. The nest and the whole "I will have the sun" parts are ingrained in my head now.

So Rings of Power (3 episodes in) has great scenery---as per the norm with anything Tolkien related.
Love the CGI and cinematography. Beautifully shot.

The bad is that some of the casting just leaves me scratching my noggin. That kind of goes hand in
hand with some really cheesy acting. The lead female heroine is a but stiff for my tastes, and it left
me feeling this hilarious pairing that came to me last night. Rings Of Power is Tolkien if it were a big
budget Hallmark Movie. :LOL:

I'll continue. Gotta see more Orcs get dealt some much needed justice. :horse

Man, all I watch lately is interrogation videos and trial footage. I need to take a break from it before it corrupts my young, delicate mind. I love ‘em because I can just noodle away/dial in tones while they’re playing and I’m not really thinking about what I want to watch. I love the psychological aspects of interrogation vids and soak ‘em up just for that.
I like watching those also... It's interesting to see their "tells." And the ones who think they're gonna get over on the cops. It's like the line Pacino used in the movie with Robin Williams, "You're about as mysterious to me as a blocked pipe is to a plumber." haha

Sometimes I'll check out the ones in which an official, either a cop or a politician, gets busted for DUI, and those people are the most disgusting, vile people out there, when they try to use their "influence" to get them off, or catch a break. It makes it truly evident why so many people hate the government, because of the people who think they're above the law, and try to threaten the officer, who's just doing his job. I'm quite sure the level of professionalism shown by the cops is due to the fact that everything is now recorded, but I'd still have a hard time not getting right down in the mud with these scumbags when they make comments like, "Hope you like your job." Heck I can't stand it when I see an out-of-jurisdiction cop speed by me on the highway.

It's no wonder people have such disdain for the ones in power. Maybe having so many of these creeps showing their ass in a video that's seen by millions of people will help change things a bit for the better, but I'm not holding my breath.

I like watching those also... It's interesting to see their "tells." And the ones who think they're gonna get over on the cops. It's like the line Pacino used in the movie with Robin Williams, "You're about as mysterious to me as a blocked pipe is to a plumber." haha

Sometimes I'll check out the ones in which an official, either a cop or a politician, gets busted for DUI, and those people are the most disgusting, vile people out there, when they try to use their "influence" to get them off, or catch a break. It makes it truly evident why so many people hate the government, because of the people who think they're above the law, and try to threaten the officer, who's just doing his job. I'm quite sure the level of professionalism shown by the cops is due to the fact that everything is now recorded, but I'd still have a hard time not getting right down in the mud with these scumbags when they make comments like, "Hope you like your job." Heck I can't stand it when I see an out-of-jurisdiction cop speed by me on the highway.

It's no wonder people have such disdain for the ones in power. Maybe having so many of these creeps showing their ass in a video that's seen by millions of people will help change things a bit for the better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes!!!!

I love the ones with officials getting popped and there’s been some doozies out there; the councilwoman who freaked out about her kid getting a ticket and raised hell that got herself removed from her position was a good one. Been seeing lots of cop DUI’s popping up in the last year. I think overall, we’re in a position with politicians/government officials where they know that we know they’re just enriching themselves and holding onto power, they just don’t care. That’s the most I can get into that here :ROFLMAO: I see all those videos of them getting popped and showing their colors are small wins. The brazenness of some of these people does a good job at showing how used to abusing their power they are. I mean, that councilwoman was so sure she was going to get her kid out of that ticket she had no problem throwing her power around as if it was her job to do so.

Hahahah when I was still in the house with my ex, I was watching all these body language videos, she goes “Sometimes I feel like you’re watching these videos to learn how to analyze me”, to which I replied “I am, since it’s the only version of the truth I can get from you!” :roflBut yeah, it’s that exact thing of watching people try to get one over on the cops as if hard evidence isn’t really a thing. My favorite parts are when the suspect is confronted with the “You did this” part. A good one to watch was Chris Watts when they were at his neighbors house looking at the Ring footage with the cops and you see him loading his truck up with the bodies, but only he knew it was the bodies, dude thought he was busted right there and basically has a contained meltdown. I so wish I could have heard what was going on in that dude’s head right then.

Sometimes they catch up to me, though, and I need to take a break from all the negativity. Depending on the title or the thumbnail they use, if it’s too gruesome or too horrific of a crime/involving kids, I won’t bother (though the Casey Anthony stuff was a trip). I just can’t hear the details of the crimes too much. The Chandler Halderson case was/is another really interesting one, the dude was lying to his whole family and girlfriend for years about being hired at SpaceX, about suffering these crazy brain injuries, I felt so bad for that dude’s girlfriend because you can tell she’s just a sweetheart and she got caught up in all that stuff.

Thanks, Alex! I made it a couple of episodes into both Black Mirror and The Umbrella Academy
a few years ago. I'll check those others out, but it may be Ring Of Power night here. :beer

Black Mirror is awesome, there are a few episodes I wanted to see full series of. Umbrella Academy was really good, had a few spots I felt there was some unnecessary scenes/subject matter (that had nothing to do with the plot of the show) that felt more like pandering than anything else but they reign it in before it goes on too long. Not quite as over the top as The Boys, but a similar vibe with the superheroes with issues thing. It’s worth the watch, for sure.

I’m on the fence about RoP, I love the movies (enough I made an ex sit through 12+ hours of the extended versions one day) but I’ve heard mostly negative reviews. Maybe I’ll toss down some of those Cheetos and just bang ‘em out. :rofl

Off the top of my head and not necessarily "best ever" but just something that I have enjoyed. In no particular order.

Comedy series:
  • Arrested Development (first 3 seasons). It's not for everyone but it's easily one of my favorite series ever.
  • Parks & Recreation. Gets better from season 2 onwards onto one of the best feel good comedies ever made.
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • The Good Place
  • Ted Lasso
  • What We Do In The Shadows. The movie is also great.
Crime:
  • The Wire
  • Breaking Bad
  • Better Call Soul
  • Ozark
  • Jack Reacher. The Amazon series, not the Tom Cruise movies.
Horror:
  • Hannibal
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • True Blood. It's so cheesy! Just stop watching after I think season 4?
  • Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Most of the episodes are very well done.
  • Black Mirror (could be scifi as well)
Scifi:
  • The Expanse
  • Stranger Things. I guess this could go under horror too.
  • Westworld. Only watch season 1 though, it's a steep downhill from there.
  • Altered Carbon. Again only season 1 and even then it's better if you haven't read the book because the TV series adds a lot of stupid drama to it.
  • Dark

Off the top of my head and not necessarily "best ever" but just something that I have enjoyed. In no particular order.

Comedy series:
  • Arrested Development (first 3 seasons). It's not for everyone but it's easily one of my favorite series ever.
  • Parks & Recreation. Gets better from season 2 onwards onto one of the best feel good comedies ever made.
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • The Good Place
  • Ted Lasso
  • What We Do In The Shadows. The movie is also great.
Crime:
  • The Wire
  • Breaking Bad
  • Better Call Soul
  • Ozark
  • Jack Reacher. The Amazon series, not the Tom Cruise movies.
Horror:
  • Hannibal
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • True Blood. It's so cheesy! Just stop watching after I think season 4?
  • Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Most of the episodes are very well done.
  • Black Mirror (could be scifi as well)
Scifi:
  • The Expanse
  • Stranger Things. I guess this could go under horror too.
  • Westworld. Only watch season 1 though, it's a steep downhill from there.
  • Altered Carbon. Again only season 1 and even then it's better if you haven't read the book because the TV series adds a lot of stupid drama to it.
  • Dark
That’s a good list.

I think the only two I haven’t seen are Dark and The Expanse.

Finished Rings of Power tonight. If it were an album I would say the first couple of
songs were a bit slow, and then in the middle of the album it gained some momentum,
and by the end I was hooked.

The closing song may have been my favourite. Totally tied up a bunch of loose endings,
answered some questions, and had some unexpected twists and turns I didn't see coming.

I think if anyone is a Tolkien/Lord of The Rings it is a must see. That you over there waving
your hand in the air, @DrewJD82 ? ;)

Being that it is a prequel, it really sets the ground, and is sort of the origin story of the trilogy.
Tells us how it all got started, and how things came to be like they were in Lord of The Rings.

8.2/10

Finished Rings of Power tonight. If it were an album I would say the first couple of
songs were a bit slow, and then in the middle of the album it gained some momentum,
and by the end I was hooked.

The closing song may have been my favourite. Totally tied up a bunch of loose endings,
answered some questions, and had some unexpected twists and turns I didn't see coming.

I think if anyone is a Tolkien/Lord of The Rings it is a must see. That you over there waving
your hand in the air, @DrewJD82 ? ;)

Being that it is a prequel, it really sets the ground, and is sort of the origin story of the trilogy.
Tells us how it all got started, and how things came to be like they were in Lord of The Rings.

8.2/10

Snap! I'll definitely give it a shot!

The Expanse is another one I've started watching about 5x now, I haven't been able to make it past the first few episodes. I've heard how great it is from numerous people, but I just can't get into it. Going to attempt it again, I think I've said it here but both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul took me about 5 attempts to get into it and they're two of my favorite shows.

Kinda like some prog albums; you can't tell if you dig it until you've heard it 20x.

The Expanse is another one I've started watching about 5x now, I haven't been able to make it past the first few episodes. I've heard how great it is from numerous people, but I just can't get into it. Going to attempt it again, I think I've said it here but both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul took me about 5 attempts to get into it and they're two of my favorite shows.

Kinda like some prog albums; you can't tell if you dig it until you've heard it 20x.

Same here---but only about 3. And I think the number of seasons was the deal breaker for me in not continuing.
Seems like a lot to invest and swallow if I am not vibing it after a few episodes. Says the guy who said ROP started
slow. :facepalm

Oh, let us know if and when you get to 20x. :LOL:

Being a first-time dad as of two weeks ago, you have me complete respect for being a single dad, and I am impressed at everything you are doing. I mainly only have time to work watch the baby while my wife sleeps, and strum some acoustic songs for him while attempting to sing.
Now I just got to get busy packing on an exztra 50 Lbs this winter and refining that
indentation in the Sofa!! :LOL:
Being a little sleep-deprived, I originally read that as, “packing on an exztra 50 Lbs this winter and refining that inclination to be Santa.”

Being a first-time dad as of two weeks ago, you have me complete respect for being a single dad, and I am impressed at everything you are doing. I mainly only have time to work watch the baby while my wife sleeps, and strum some acoustic songs for him while attempting to sing.

Being a little sleep-deprived, I originally read that as, “packing on an exztra 50 Lbs this winter and refining that inclination to be Santa.”

Congrats! That's fantastic (not the sleep-deprivation)! I have such fond memories of that time. The beginnings
of the best journey of your life. :beer

I get nostalgic just thinking about those days. Such a precious time!

Maybe I'll get them back a bit if I become a Grandpa someday. :love

Bored to Death is a great ensemble thing. Jason Schwartzman, Galifinakis, Ted Danson. Sort of a less mean Curb but that same sort of weirdo neurotic vibe. I need to rewatch it at some point.

Back