Thought of the day by Misha

As a teen (and even now a bit) I dreamt of a board with only Boss pedals.

Why? Well, first Boss had ALL the pedals. There are virtually no "gaps" when it comes to effect variety. Everything from lightest OD to Metal Dirt and various Delays to Mod stuff. Second I am a big sucker for "aEsTheTics". I just like fitting stuff and boxes. So I always thought "Someday, when I acquired a few moneys, I buy one of those Boss pedalboards (you know, the knows with pre-fitting holes) and make a all-in-one-board!".

Well... I have a "only Line 6" board. It's a Helix and a G30 wireless. I guess Misha looks down on me... And that makes me... well, see for yourself:
Beach Drinking GIF by BBC

Probably not wrong, but *trigger warning: wet blanket*

man that dude is a tool (I was a huge bulb and earlier periphery fan back in the day). Big doucher IRL and his online persona along with his rabid fanboy cult drives me nuts

man that dude is a tool (I was a huge bulb and earlier periphery fan back in the day). Big doucher IRL and his online persona along with his rabid fanboy cult drives me nuts
He’s the new gen metal/business savvy guy, I guess.
I find him cringy with all the Holdsworth references and name dropping he does.

But Periphery are one of the pioneers of the multiple streams of revenue thing.. seems like he is at the forefront of it.

Have you met him in person? I'm not saying this in a snarky way, just generally curious lol

This. All of this. I remember listening to the crazy shit he was doing in the Petrucci forums back in the day, and it was awesome. Now he’s just a rich tool pretending to have to struggle as a musician.
Eh. I like Misha and Periphery. I have his sig Strat, which is fantastic. I don't give two shits about how he is personally or whether or not he's rich. I'm never gonna meet him and don't have to live with him.

I do still listen to Periphery too. But though I liked their old demos more, when Casey(?) was their singer.
Oh I think his demos where cool enough at that time. I like those a lot. But when I listened to the Icarus Live with vocals :facepalm:idk (or what was the name?) it was a first nail to their coffin.

Back