This is some heavy metal

I’d love to be able to enjoy it but it looks like I’ll be having a meeting with an angry tenant instead.
bitch slap slapping GIF

That is the only valid reason why I continue to remain an "amateur." :popcorn :LOL:

What really sucks is when you’re legitimately doing everything that can possibly be done to appease someone and they just don’t give a fuck. When it becomes more important to them to be able to say “You’re not doing your job” than to recognize 1/16th of the effort being put into something, I really don’t know how to handle that. In the restaurant business I would uninvite a guest from returning and having another bad dining experience, but I cannot do that with a 5-year lease.

Fortunately, another tenant in those buildings is an engineering firm who thoroughly understood the scope of work that was done over the weekend, the owner sent me an e-mail thanking me for pulling it off and invited me to lunch today.

What really sucks is when you’re legitimately doing everything that can possibly be done to appease someone and they just don’t give a fuck. When it becomes more important to them to be able to say “You’re not doing your job” than to recognize 1/16th of the effort being put into something, I really don’t know how to handle that. In the restaurant business I would uninvite a guest from returning and having another bad dining experience, but I cannot do that with a 5-year lease.

Fortunately, another tenant in those buildings is an engineering firm who thoroughly understood the scope of work that was done over the weekend, the owner sent me an e-mail thanking me for pulling it off and invited me to lunch today.
The one rule is that there's always some asshole to make everything into something is shouldn't be. Never ends, never changes.

To me it sure sounds like everything was FAR more perfect than I would've ever expected!

Haha! Yup. I also don't negotiate. Ever! :clint

I can pick up on the cheapskates in an instant. I also know from
experience that the cheapskates will question your work, agonize
over any unforeseen surprises, and be overall pains in the asses
of all who work for them.

You took a low offer, and then after you start they want to eat up
what little profit you have on "chatter" about the job. Fuck off! :hmm

I hope to never be that desperate again.

Haha! Yup. I also don't negotiate. Ever! :clint

I can pick up on the cheapskates in an instant. I also know from
experience that the cheapskates will question your work, agonize
over any unforeseen surprises, and be overall pains in the asses
of all who work for them.

You took a low offer, and then after you start they want to eat up
what little profit you have on "chatter" about the job. Fuck off! :hmm

I hope to never be that desperate again.
I had this one lady ask me why I wasn't removing all the drywall in the foyer (it was a large foyer) ceiling. I told her because it wasn't necessary. Once we finished the ceiling, you wouldn't be able to tell where the old was, and where the new was.

She was like, "Well, LaBest was going to redo it all," to which I told her, Yeah, and his price was a bit higher too, so basically if you'd hired them instead of me, you'd have been paying for work that wasn't necessary.

That shut her right TF up. (I did it tactfully of course.)

Back