This dude makes me want one badly...

GAS huh

giphy.gif

If you're really interested I would recommend taking a look at the RG3xxv

Hate the ubber thin neck of the old ones and I think these are even thinner and a bit wider on the higher frets, which I think will make it feel even thinner. The RG3xxv had the wizard iii neck. Not thick, still very much Shreddy, just not paper thin which is just uncomfortable for me.

While i can't say much about the pickups on the genesis i have to say i never really liked ibanez stock pickups. The dimarzio air Norton and d activator of the RG3xxv are great for higher gain stuff.

While the neck plate is awesome, the full access joint is just more comfortable.

The bridge is the thing I'd give a point for the genesis. The stabilizer on the edge zero feel weird, I just removed it from mine when I had it.

If you're really interested I would recommend taking a look at the RG3xxv

Hate the ubber thin neck of the old ones and I think these are even thinner and a bit wider on the higher frets, which I think will make it feel even thinner. The RG3xxv had the wizard iii neck. Not thick, still very much Shreddy, just not paper thin which is just uncomfortable for me.

While i can't say much about the pickups on the genesis i have to say i never really liked ibanez stock pickups. The dimarzio air Norton and d activator of the RG3xxv are great for higher gain stuff.

While the neck plate is awesome, the full access joint is just more comfortable.

The bridge is the thing I'd give a point for the genesis. The stabilizer on the edge zero feel weird, I just removed it from mine when I had it.
Rg3xxv are made by Cort in Indonesia....the Genesis is MIJ Fujigen. I've played both and the Fujigen necks are where it's at. Same super wizard neck that's on my prestige.

Last edited:
Rg3xxv are made by Cort in Indonesia....the Genesis is MIJ Fujigen. I've played both and the Fujigen necks are where it's at. Same super wizard neck that's on my prestige.

Got it. I have a few friends that had RG550's since forever and they are addicted to those necks. I "hate" those. On Ibanez Wiki it says the neck on the 770 and the RG3120 should be similar, but IMO they most definitely are not. I remember those 550 necks being suuuper thin, which would be the same as the ones on the 565 as far as I know.

About the MII vs MIJ, I'd agree generaly that MIJ are indeed better, but honestly having owned many MIJ old Ibanez and the RG3xxv specifically, I'd put both side by side no problem. Neck on the RG3 was amazing, fit and finish was spotless IMO.

BTW I still kick myself for selling the 3120...

I so want to go to Japan someday. That is super interesting, @Justincase .
I thought so too...I didn't know that until this guitar came out last year. I fell in love with how simple and elegant it looks. Only it didn't make sense to me why they called it deep forest green so I started googling why Japanese deep forest green looks blue....had no idea about the whole language thing...crazy.

Back