Thinking about selling my Badlander...

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Seems unthinkable, but I almost never turn it on anymore. So far in 2024, it's seen maybe 15 minutes of play time. Currently have other things I need to throw some money at and selling this sure would help. But, man, it's a Badlander...

qz1ngXi.jpg

These days I'm primarily playing bass, but when I do play guitar it's through the Peavy XXL or Spark 40 at bedroom volume. And, worse case, I could sell this and buy a variation of a 5150/6505 or a JCA100 and still pocket hundreds of $$...

Decisions, decisions...

if you arent using it sell it. turning on a tube amp at home seems dumb to me but everyone is different.

its not a rare amp, but another one down the road if you really want

Seems unthinkable, but I almost never turn it on anymore. So far in 2024, it's seen maybe 15 minutes of play time. Currently have other things I need to throw some money at and selling this sure would help. But, man, it's a Badlander...

qz1ngXi.jpg

These days I'm primarily playing bass, but when I do play guitar it's through the Peavy XXL or Spark 40 at bedroom volume. And, worse case, I could sell this and buy a variation of a 5150/6505 or a JCA100 and still pocket hundreds of $$...

Decisions, decisions...
If it isn't for you then yes sell it. I can tell you it's an absolute main-stay for me and absolutely one of my favorite sounds.

If it isn't for you then yes sell it. I can tell you it's an absolute main-stay for me and absolutely one of my favorite sounds.
Oh, I absolutely love it. But since I play bass and sing in my band, not much opportunity to blare it and as mentioned, have other things I could put the money into.

I tend to be a pack rat with gear and I had to have stuff sitting around for years unplayed before I could convince myself to sell it, so I may not be the best source of advice here, but I’d get an attenuator and/or load box and keep that bad boy.

I get what the OP means.
There’s definitely some cold ca$h to free-up
with his sales stratergy.
The Badlander’s a kick ass amp though man.
I’ve gone down to a Blackstar Studio 6L6
w/Friedman Deluxe pedal & a G4 pedal through the seasons of GAS….
Results?

I was in the same flesh I was once rocking the gamut of all the greats…
Tone is in the a-hole.
It comes outta your ass,
especially when it’s on the line.

Sometimes we have to ask ourselves,
where are we going with all this gear?
Where do I end up?.. does it lead to anything?
You know what I mean?

Last edited:
I tend to be a pack rat with gear and I had to have stuff sitting around for years unplayed before I could convince myself to sell it, so I may not be the best source of advice here, but I’d get an attenuator and/or load box and keep that bad boy.
Just a note - the Badlander does not need an attenuator. It sounds insanely good even at whisper volumes, though the master knob can be a bit touchy.

Back