They’re asking the important questions on Reddit

It's a very mixed bag.

On one hand, there's people who know a ton about some niche subject you didn't know you wanted to read about but find in some random post about something completely different. I love finding that stuff, actual smart human beings willing to share their knowledge and willing to discuss it like adults.

Then the flipside is the kind of people who post on r/adviceanimals (or "put your shitty opinion on top of a picture of a duck"), all the bots hocking their scams, the misuse of the downvote for "I don't like this" instead of "this doesn't contribute to the discussion" so some actually valid comments get buried and then just people being downright dumb by not being able to explain what they are trying to ask and expecting people to read their minds.

I do love some of the legendary shitposts like basically the whole post history of u/shittymorph.

Reddit has unfortunately really shittified the service by nearly banning 3rd party mobile apps so it has been in a decline for about half a year, with the low effort bullshit floating to the surface. So far no other service has risen as a viable successor, though Lemmy seems promising and I hope it starts to pick up more steam.

IMG_1140.png

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The other day a user was banned from /r/therewasanattempt because he wrote "female" in the title, after his post got thousands of upvotes. "Female" is now offensive?

Not offensive, but creepy if you say it like you're a Ferengi. The reddit incel community has a long history of talking about women like they're specimens in a jar (e.g. "what sort of foods do females require?"), so anybody who uses the word weirdly is automatically (and pretty safely) assumed to be a bad actor.

Not offensive, but creepy if you say it like you're a Ferengi. The reddit incel community has a long history of talking about women like they're specimens in a jar (e.g. "what sort of foods do females require?"), so anybody who uses the word weirdly is automatically (and pretty safely) assumed to be a bad actor.

The incels need to be on watchlists. I’ve never seen a community turn as foul as that one has. I’m not even going to discuss the shit they talk about on their own forum away from reddit, but if the FBI isn’t keeping close tabs on them then there’s something seriously wrong at the FBI.

The incels need to be on watchlists. I’ve never seen a community turn as foul as that one has. I’m not even going to discuss the shit they talk about on their own forum away from reddit, but if the FBI isn’t keeping close tabs on them then there’s something seriously wrong at the FBI.

You trust the eff bee eye?

Lololololol … not rock ‘n’ roll, brother.

Steve Martin Motorcycle GIF

But now that you’ve invoked their name like Beetlejuice… I’m sure they’re all over this forum now!

Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift

Huh? Why? I am sure there is no doubt he loves his children---one of which he has lost. He was/is also a friend.
you made it seem as if he did not intend to have any of them. I don’t doubt that he loves them and is a good friend. Making 5 babies prior to age of 25 doesn’t require a lot of sex, nor does having a lot of sex likely lead to making 5 babies, so I don’t see the correlation to hornyness. No offense intended. Most of us were stupid as hell before the age of at least 30.

Back