There can be only 1.

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Someone asked Ola Englund if he could only have one physical amp (no modelers) for the rest of his life, what would it be.

Got me thinking what mine would be, and that got me wondering what everyone else would say.

For me, I have "dream amps" I've never owned that I'd love to say would be on my list (Mesa Badlander, SLO100 among others), but since I've never actually lived with them, I'll stick with what I have many hours on and say my Jet City JCA100HDM. It gets me the Soldano flavor I love, offers both resonance and presence, solid FX Loop and a 50/100 watt switch for versatility. Every single time I play thru it I smile like a kid at Christmas.

U43KBku.jpg

What's yours?

Someone asked Ola Englund if he could only have one physical amp (no modelers) for the rest of his life, what would it be.

Got me thinking what mine would be, and that got me wondering what everyone else would say.

For me, I have "dream amps" I've never owned that I'd love to say would be on my list (Mesa Badlander, SLO100 among others), but since I've never actually lived with them, I'll stick with what I have many hours on and say my Jet City JCA100HDM. It gets me the Soldano flavor I love, offers both resonance and presence, solid FX Loop and a 50/100 watt switch for versatility. Every single time I play thru it I smile like a kid at Christmas.

U43KBku.jpg

What's yours?

I’m anxious to hear some bludgeoning riffs from this thing!!!

(For those who haven’t heard Iron1’s music, it sounds like he uses strings made out of support cables for telephone poles that have been used to cut bodies in half by the thousands….in a good way)

Man, that’d be tough for me to say and while I haven’t played through one in person yet, I’d probably go with the JPIIC+.

I love the Mark amps, LOVE the IIC+ and it seems I’d be getting pretty much exactly what I wanted out of that amp. But then another part of me is screaming “Friedman JJ…..”

Regardless, there’s no single amp out there that could cover the ground I like to cover. Perfect example is finishing that song I posted this weekend and going straight into my living room where I started playing around with more vintage flavored Fender/Plexi tones.

I’m anxious to hear some bludgeoning riffs from this thing!!!

(For those who haven’t heard Iron1’s music, it sounds like he uses strings made out of support cables for telephone poles that have been used to cut bodies in half by the thousands….in a good way)
When I ran it thru that Mesa OS 412 it was so brutally violent if I kept playing it would have been self-inflicted manslaughter.

I might go crazy and say this:

JH-12_c35a9401-7b9b-4b08-bd40-a6f3232a8c14.jpg

I've become more and more of a Marshall lover over the years, and I'm pretty sure I could do anything I'd ever need or want to do with that amp and a few pedals.

Yup. So good. So iconic. So timeless. So NOT one-dimensional. Think of all the various
iconic styles and genres of music you can play with that amp. It covers the gamut.

I am a tad partial to early to mid 80s 2204s/2203s, though. But I wouldn't complain if
that rug was all I had. :beer

U43KBku.jpg

What's yours?

I am guessing Ola said his Randall Satan? For me it would be a Mark 2c+ head.

Back