The Swede has landed! again…. Stomp content.

the swede

Shredder
Landed as in, decided on something.

Yep. It’s not just because of the kinda problematic economy this coming fall/winter and who knows how long. I just… I just don’t want to be distracted anymore. And I’m like that with gear. I have always had the opinion the Stomp belongs on a pedalboard. My ideal being 2-4 extra pedals, metro 16 being the smallest but best manageable size.

And I love pedals… but it’s also a distracting thing that keeps me more occupied with other things than actually using them for inspiration.

So I pulled out my Nano and slapped the Stomp on it and thought… well this is a fucking throw back to 2018 ain’t it.. like a huge “I’m using the stomp alone because I am a hipster” type of thing (I just pulled that out of my bad jokes hat).

But it’s sweet. And I’m perfectly fine with it. I want to focus and think less about gear. This is oddly rewarding.
F886D2E6-48F7-48D5-8069-82735C391809.jpeg

Landed as in, decided on something.

Yep. It’s not just because of the kinda problematic economy this coming fall/winter and who knows how long. I just… I just don’t want to be distracted anymore. And I’m like that with gear. I have always had the opinion the Stomp belongs on a pedalboard. My ideal being 2-4 extra pedals, metro 16 being the smallest but best manageable size.

And I love pedals… but it’s also a distracting thing that keeps me more occupied with other things than actually using them for inspiration.

So I pulled out my Nano and slapped the Stomp on it and thought… well this is a f*****g throw back to 2018 ain’t it.. like a huge “I’m using the stomp alone because I am a hipster” type of thing (I just pulled that out of my bad jokes hat).

But it’s sweet. And I’m perfectly fine with it. I want to focus and think less about gear. This is oddly rewarding.
View attachment 905
I really like that you make sure to haul some firewood around with your pedalboard. That's the ultimate it Swedish-preparedness! ;)

Lovely little rig. Please tell me you kept your pedals and the bigger PB??
I kept the Metro 16… it’s a type of size that is so good to have. I always make sure I save the metro 16 no matter what I do.

Essentials:
metro 16
Truetone CS6
And HX stomp of course :p

Pedals can come and go… don’t care.. they’re gone in my mind even though I haven’t sold them yet :ROFLMAO:

Serious question… is swedish meatballs a thing or is IKEA bullshitting us American?
Thing or thing… i guess it’s just food. Potatoes and meatballs with brown sauce and some kind of pickles or lingonberries is kinda a normal dish I suppose.
Meatballs and pasta of different kinds. That’s more Italian maybe.

I think for some its a tradition to make meatballs in christmas and for Easter maybe… my wifes brother makes insanely good meatballs each christmas.

I don’t do it in normal weekdays because of the time it takes… to lazy for that.

@the swede Yes, pasta and meatballs is a traditional Italian dish in the south.
And typically like most “swedish” meals, meatballs is borrowed from Italy probably. Just like pasta and “meat sauce” which is probably also inspired by Italian pasta and tomato sauce thing. :giggle:

There are actually a few really original Swedish meals… they are usually not good tasting at all… which has to do with the lack of spices and climate things.

Rotten herring…
Blood pudding (pig blood and stuff)
Potatoes stuffed with pork and intestines…
Lard strips (kind of weird sausage stuffed with disgusting stuff)
Pölsa (kinda like hash) liver, heart, and all the things the butcher drop on the floor…

Last edited:
And typically like most “swedish” meals, meatballs is borrowed from Italy probably. Just like pasta and “meat sauce” which is probably also inspired by Italian pasta and tomato sauce thing. :giggle:

There are actually a few really original Swedish meals… they are usually not good tasting at all… which has to do with the lack of spices and climate things.

Rotten herring…
Pölsa (kinda like hash) liver, heart, and all the things the butcher drop on the floor…

Meat souce I guess is what we call ragu - wich is a french word actually - (known as bolognese in the rest of the world)
I've been in Stockholm once, during christmas, they've told me that pytt i panna was a traditional dish.
I've to say that you can eat the same kind of dish almost everywhere in europe from Alps up to Norway.

Rotten herring…

It’s like the only cooks in Sweden were also the producers of Fear Factor.

Jesus, don't the animals in Sweden have actual muscles for you to eat??
haha.. those examples are the old school food, stuff people pre 1900. I guess it was mostly about taking care of everything, not just the meat. Nothing was wasted or thrown away, and some of those are still made today.

Rotten Herring fish is a unique summer tradition... some love it.. I can't stand it.

Back