The pain of having new gear and not enough time to crack the box.

Much congrats! Beautiful and great sounding amp but through that cab........:(
The EVH 2x12s don't work for me at all. The 412s though are awesome!

But... you have to use what you have to use so all good.

Much congrats! Beautiful and great sounding amp but through that cab........:(
The EVH 2x12s don't work for me at all. The 412s though are awesome!

But... you have to use what you have to use so all good.
It’s loaded with 65 watt Creambacks. I don’t like the stock speakers either.

Just ordered a second EVH cab with a couple of Creambacks I’ll swap in and then sell the stock ones.. 20% off the Creambacks at MF. 10% off the Cab and 75 bonus bucks (e-credit) off with free shipping and 6mos. @ 0% at SW.

Not bad. Now I have my light 4X12... two 2x12 cabs with wheels. Oughta be a killer combo with the Friedman head.

Last edited:
I just had a single Creamback 75 come in today for a Cab. Creambacks are my favourite current production speaker.

Thinking about adding Source Audio EQ2 full time in the loop for a noise gate and Fletcher-Munson stuff. I play right now mostly at just above bedroom level and want to show off the low end chunk and muscle of the BE.

Then comes some reverb and delay…

This head is working out nicely. Haven’t even touched the back panel options yet.

Last edited:
I am intending on mixing the 65 with a 75 and seeing what comes of that.
I like this idea a lot. Might be a match of sweetness. I’m thinking 65’s in the top 2x12 with 75’s in the bottom.

Smooth high end with the added low end punch of the 75’s on the bottom.

Good idea! I'll let ya know.

Gonna probably have to wait until this weekend to get it all done. I have an empty Mesa
Vertical 2 x 12 Cab, and a couple of Horizontal 2x12 cabs. Not sure what I am going to
do just yet. :idk

this was me for years and years. I had a basement full of gear either unopened or used once and just sitting there with zero time to use any of it. Amps, guitars, pedals, recording s**t you name it. I was working 1600 overtime hours a year on top of my 40 a week plus family etc etc.
Yep, it's like Murphy's law of gear... the size and quality of the gear collection are inversely proportional to time to use it.

Back