The Mystery Amp Thread

Somebody emails me today responding to one of my Craigslist ads with what almost seems like a guitarists wet dream. They need someone to make noises and solo over some riffs in a potential three-piece. They hear my stuff and want me in tomorrow for a jam and say they have a "stack" for me ready to play.

"Our roommate is lending it to us. It's som kinda fender. Prolly at least 100 watts though"

Says it probably has an FX loop?

What could it be?

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Marshall DSL40 combo, JCM900+4x12 G12T75 stack, worn down Fender Hot Rot Deluxe or a 2000-something Traynor combo. Worst case: a 100W solid-state amp from the 1990s.

Marshall DSL40 combo, JCM900+4x12 G12T75 stack, worn down Fender Hot Rot Deluxe or a 2000-something Traynor combo. Worst case: a 100W solid-state amp from the 1990s.
All solid entries in the typical rehearsal room roulette but he said Fender and stack or the guy really has no idea

That was my first thought.

"Hey Guitarist, want to come shred and make whale sounds over some proggy bass riffs? Use our stack! Fender something, prolly 100w. Bring your Stryfectified battleship and best axe. Promise we won't rob you lulz"

Good thing I'm armed!
I wasn't really thinking in terms of you being lured in and robbed, so much as being lured in and subjected to a night of horrific amplification. :D

Back