The Headless Appreciation Thread

littlebadboy

Roadie
Inspired by @Will Chen 's NGD, I thought of starting a Headless Guitar appreciation thread.

This is mine:

I started playing headless guitars with a 6-string EART just to try them out. I liked it's convenience in my tight space, so I moved on to a multi-scaled 6 Agile Geodesic. I liked the feel of the fanned frets, so I tried the feel of a better built GOC. They are an unknown American guitar brand with their designs built in China.

I have been in an FB GOC owners group and got finally hooked up with a -7-string carved top Materia model!

North American ash body, I think
Atlas neck, engineered wood fiber resistant to warp, rot and humidity changes, giving it consistent density and hardness
Zero fret with a string spacer
Dual locking headpiece
ZSR01 bridge
25.5-27" scale
Illuminated side dots

Upgraded with the following:
Guitarmory Orion humbuckers, custom glow in the dark set
Tesi latching and momentary kill switch
3-way mini toggle for inner-full bucker-outer switching
Ernie Ball strap locks
Magnetic rear cover

Previous owner isthe talented GOC artist, Cody Betz of Zephyria, a technical Death Metal band.

What do you guys have?

Last edited:
That's a sweet axe! I was really considering a GOC Satya, but I've never owned a 7 string and was afraid I wouldn't like one. The ability to play a Strandberg at a Plini show sold me, was super crazy that they had one at the merch booth for people to check out.

Here's my Skervesen Shoggie 8.

d0GPMXP.jpg

Dfm8owE.jpg

FFw5K6k.jpg

Photos from Skervesen.

In hindsight, I'm not maybe super blown away by the headless concept. It's nice to have a smaller guitar and I think visually they look cool, but tuning them is a bit more inconvenient.

This one has a BKP Mule/Juggernaut pickup combo, but I'm not necessarily in love with the Juggernaut. But it's annoying to try to get replacement pickups because the angled baseplate means you have to buy something custom.

i bring a certain type of old, dorky, cant play for shit type of vibe to the function that would really not fly with these guitars hahahaha but props to you if you love them bc thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I think headless guitars can be both cool and wonky looking at the same time. @littlebadboy's GOC is on the cooler side headstock wise but the sharp cut off at the base of the body is off-putting. Idk, I'm a boomer and like a good headstock - I've always thought a good/bad 'stock would make/break an instrument.

I've never played one, but I'm sure if I were to play a good feeling one I could look past my own aesthetic quibbles.

d0GPMXP.jpg

Dfm8owE.jpg

FFw5K6k.jpg

Photos from Skervesen.

In hindsight, I'm not maybe super blown away by the headless concept. It's nice to have a smaller guitar and I think visually they look cool, but tuning them is a bit more inconvenient.

This one has a BKP Mule/Juggernaut pickup combo, but I'm not necessarily in love with the Juggernaut. But it's annoying to try to get replacement pickups because the angled baseplate means you have to buy something custom.

I don’t know why but I never pictured you as a headless 8-String Juggernaut loaded axe wielder. :ROFLMAO: :satan:headbang

d0GPMXP.jpg

Dfm8owE.jpg

FFw5K6k.jpg

Photos from Skervesen.

Wow, that beast is gorgeous.

I am a Steinberger artist, so naturally, I love headless instruments. Thing is, I own a Synapse, which has 22 frets. Hard to find any other brand which makes 22 fret headless guitars.
Also, double ball strings should be the norm on all headless instruments. They are incredibly easy to use, but being that only old Steinbergers use them, they are very expensive compared to single ball strings. If more companies adopted them, the prices would go down, and people wouldn't have to use tools to change strings.

Some headless hardware appreciation;

I want all my guitar hardware made of this.
Damn it is exclusive to Sire.
:rofl

Back