The Gear Forum Logo?

Stone

Rock Star
So looking at that logo it does not speak of the caliber of this forum, it is Meh at best would you not agree?
is it possible to change it?
maybe something like this

1672430593836.png

:idk

Ideally, a logo should have an alpha channel (transparent background) like the current logo, so that it sits perfectly on the header background and survives theme tweaks.

@Stone Specfically, what would you want to say with a new logo?

And what is the current logo not saying, in your opinion?

The logo for this site is already better than the total car crash logo for The Other Place™, I'll give it that.

Ideally, a logo should have an alpha channel (transparent background) like the current logo, so that it sits perfectly on the header background and survives theme tweaks.
im sure a Pro Photoshop user can make it transparent

The logo for this site is already better than the total car crash logo for The Other Place™, I'll give it that.
Yeah, the other place’s logo looks like a MySpace graphic, LOL.

dunno that strat headstock is very generic
and well was just an idea, this logo is larger, and better detailed
it has greenback speakers lol, and musical notes
more TGF than a generic low res Strat head stock

:idk

@Stone Honest & sincere feedback from me:

It's great that you care enough to hunt around for possible improvements to the site.

But what you're currently proposing probably isn't going to work well with the existing site theme, or at different screen sizes - the logo with the speakers is also just as generic as the existing logo (IMO)! The fine background squares detail is also probably too fine to work well as a logo.

Any other suggestions?

Might also be worth asking the owners of the site what their thoughts are. They may already have some plans that would satisfy you! 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
ohhh it was just an observation from what i see
i mean it would not change the forum in any sense
as mentioned was just a thought, seeing as logo's are what identifies an entity

Yes, of course. I'm honestly not meaning to be rude or shoot you down.

Last edited:
Back