The difference a pick guard makes!

Eagle

Rock Star
IMG_3616.jpeg

I have had this for a few years and it plays and sounds great but looks terrible. I bought it very cheap from a distributor that had a fire sale because they went bust. I always thought I would swap the pick guard but wanted an original one.
The problem being Vigier only makes the stock ones.
IMG_3619.jpeg

What possessed them to make an acrylic blue guard and paint it white!!!
Years later I noticed that they had finally swapped the blue for black but still painted it white.
A few shots of the guitar;
IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3618.jpeg

IMG_3617.jpeg

Really well made and very clean inside and out.
Finally a plain matte black guard made its way to the new product so I got on to Vigier for a set.
IMG_3622.jpeg

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_3620.jpeg

Wow what a difference. Why did it take so long and how many people didn’t buy them before just because of this?
This is as good as anything else out there with amazing attention to detail and perfect playability always without adjustments for years at a time.
One of the most overlooked guitars ever.

View attachment 25345
I have had this for a few years and it plays and sounds great but looks terrible. I bought it very cheap from a distributor that had a fire sale because they went bust. I always thought I would swap the pick guard but wanted an original one.
The problem being Vigier only makes the stock ones.
View attachment 25346
What possessed them to make an acrylic blue guard and paint it white!!!
Years later I noticed that they had finally swapped the blue for black but still painted it white.
A few shots of the guitar;
View attachment 25347
View attachment 25348
View attachment 25349
Really well made and very clean inside and out.
Finally a plain matte black guard made its way to the new product so I got on to Vigier for a set.
View attachment 25350
View attachment 25351
View attachment 25352
Wow what a difference. Why did it take so long and how many people didn’t buy them before just because of this?
This is as good as anything else out there with amazing attention to detail and perfect playability always without adjustments for years at a time.
One of the most overlooked guitars ever.
Much better! Nice Vigier btw.

Flat board on the Lane models is a trip. Not finger wise, just visually.
It looked concave to me for the longest time cause I guess your eyes associate a normal slight radius as being flat.
Cool optical illusion actually.
I never had a Vigier in my hands that could not be set up to play perfectly with very low action if that was your intention. No buzz anywhere, perfect relief all year round. I can get the Lane model action measurement to work perfectly with the regular models. Totally stable and the best wood seasoning practices of any guitar company I’ve ever seen.

Patrice gave one of my buddies a white left-handed Indus for doing a last minute promo performance at NAMM years ago

While he appreciated the gesture he always said the guitar sounded thin and wimpy

Never got to try it myself because I'm not wrong handed :grin

Patrice gave one of my buddies a white left-handed Indus for doing a last minute promo performance at NAMM years ago

While he appreciated the gesture he always said the guitar sounded thin and wimpy

Never got to try it myself because I'm not wrong handed :grin

I've been keenly interested in Vigier for many many years now, but I still have not been able to play one. I talked over a phone to a guy at one of the few US dealers, Rainbow Guitars in Tucson, and he echoed that they're incredibly well made, but he did say that they're incredibly bright, that he always rolls back the tone knob quite a bit when playing one. I know they use 1M pots, and that, combined with the use of light strings at the factory and extremely low action will all help to brighten an instrument. As someone who's always chasing a Les Paul tone out of superstrat, that leaves me with less interest. Of course, if the rumors are true and the company will close due to Patrice Vigier retiring soon, it's a moot point.

I've been keenly interested in Vigier for many many years now, but I still have not been able to play one. I talked over a phone to a guy at one of the few US dealers, Rainbow Guitars in Tucson, and he echoed that they're incredibly well made, but he did say that they're incredibly bright, that he always rolls back the tone knob quite a bit when playing one. I know they use 1M pots, and that, combined with the use of light strings at the factory and extremely low action will all help to brighten an instrument. As someone who's always chasing a Les Paul tone out of superstrat, that leaves me with less interest. Of course, if the rumors are true and the company will close due to Patrice Vigier retiring soon, it's a moot point.
They are no brighter than any other instrument.

Back