The Classic Car Thread

Where's the 66 Mustang?
1665850244790.png

Heres mine... or, it was mine. Dont own it anymore.
63 1/2 Galaxie, imported to Sweden from USA. Me and dad fixed it up, was in kinda bad shape and we felt it was kinda to much. But we pressed on and struggled a bit and the car ended up good...

Those aluminum lists, details and panels on the sides, back and front, was a nightmare to fix and get good looking. But worth it... its the 63 after all... needs those lists. The 56 is my dads. It was a fun period of years... I had my favorite model and dad had his dream car.
20090616-IMG_2528.jpeg

20080710-IMG_1857.jpeg
20080710-IMG_1863.jpeg
20080710-IMG_1867.jpeg

Heres mine... or, it was mine. Dont own it anymore.
63 1/2 Galaxie, imported to Sweden from USA. Me and dad fixed it up, was in kinda bad shape and we felt it was kinda to much. But we pressed on and struggled a bit and the car ended up good...

Those aluminum lists, details and panels on the sides, back and front, was a nightmare to fix and get good looking. But worth it... its the 63 after all... needs those lists. The 56 is my dads. It was a fun period of years... I had my favorite model and dad had his dream car.
View attachment 1578
View attachment 1575View attachment 1576View attachment 1577
Fantastic! Here's one of my old ones but NOT as cool as yours.
MIne is long gone now and hopefully somebody is getting as much fun as I did.

1966 Ford 302 GT Motor Rear.jpg

Fantastic! Here's one of my old ones but NOT as cool as yours.
MIne is long gone now and hopefully somebody is getting as much fun as I did.

View attachment 1579
Oh, the mid sized Galaxie nock off :giggle: You know... Sweden is full to the brim with all the big sized classics, but there's no... and I mean there isn't any of those mid sized cars here. Very cool to see. Dont think ive ever even seen a picture like this of one. Awesome.

Oh, the mid sized Galaxie nock off :giggle: You know... Sweden is full to the brim with all the big sized classics, but there's no... and I mean there isn't any of those mid sized cars here. Very cool to see. Dont think ive ever even seen a picture like this of one. Awesome.
The reason you haven't seen one is they were only made in Australia by Ford Aus between 1963 -66. They were the Aus equivalent of the US Ford 6 cylinder Comet but NOT the US 260cu V8 Sprint variant.

So, mine is a 1966 that I rebuilt with a 302 Windsor GT motor with electronic ignition with a Holley 600 on it.
It had a C4 transmission and a rear 8inch (Not a 9 inch) dif. You could ONLY fit a Windsor V8 as it fit under the hood. You couldn't get a Cleveland V8 in it unless you started cutting body metal everywhere. (A Cleveland motor is taller and of course wider than a Windsor motor)

The paint is original Ford paint which is listed as Neptune Blue in color.

The interior was an original 'Futura' interior (upmarket original Ford trim) It had buckets, a center console, a METAL instrument cluster dash and I also put a Hirst shifter into it. It also had a pearl steering wheel and metal venetians in it.

The entire underneath of the car, (which included fitting 4 wheel discs) was rebuilt with the best modern suspension money could buy. It literally drove like a modern car.

I used to live in Aus many years back so that's the back story of the car.

Last edited:
I'm not really a car guy, but I love me a 60s Mustang. I loved how they went back to more of a classic look in the later 00s, too.

I'm not really a car guy, but I love me a 60s Mustang. I loved how they went back to more of a classic look in the later 00s, too.
I agree. My current ride is a last one in 2017 GT Mustang. To me the last Mustang muscle car look was 2017. After that they've tamed the look a bit to appeal to a wider customer base. More women buy them now...............fact.

I agree. My current ride is a last one in 2017 GT Mustang. To me the last Mustang muscle car look was 2017. After that they've tamed the look a bit to appeal to a wider customer base. More women buy them now...............fact.
It's like they can't decide on whether they want it to be a muscle car or a coupe

The reason you haven't seen one is they were only made in Australia by Ford Aus between 1963 -66. They were the Aus equivalent of the US Ford 6 cylinder Comet but NOT the US 260cu V8 Sprint variant.

So, mine is a 1966 that I rebuilt with a 302 Windsor GT motor with electronic ignition with a Holley 600 on it.
It had a C4 transmission and a rear 8inch (Not a 9 inch) dif. You could ONLY fit a Windsor V8 as it fit under the hood. You couldn't get a Cleveland V8 in it unless you started cutting body metal everywhere. (A Cleveland motor is taller and of course wider than a Windsor motor)

The paint is original Ford paint which is listed as Neptune Blue in color.

The interior was an original 'Futura' interior (upmarket original Ford trim) It had buckets, a center console, a METAL instrument cluster dash and I also put a Hirst shifter into it. It also had a pearl steering wheel and metal venetians in it.

The entire underneath of the car, (which included fitting 4 wheel discs) was rebuilt with the best modern suspension money could buy. It literally drove like a modern car.

I used to live in Aus many years back so that's the back story of the car.
Totally interesting stuff! Never knew they did that. Awesome story about the things done to it also.
I wonder how different the Australian made series may be from the Fairlanes 62-65, the 500 series. Because they look like they could have the same recipe so to say.

Before I decided on the Galaxie 63 I was searching high and low for a good 500 -64 because i liked the “spear” on the side.

Totally interesting stuff! Never knew they did that. Awesome story about the things done to it also.
I wonder how different the Australian made series may be from the Fairlanes 62-65, the 500 series. Because they look like they could have the same recipe so to say.

Before I decided on the Galaxie 63 I was searching high and low for a good 500 -64 because i liked the “spear” on the side.
I don't know much about the early 60s Fairlanes back then because I DON'T think Aus actually had them. I think (???) Fairlanes and Galaxies arrived in the mid/late 60s there. Aus only had Ford commence in 1961/2. The vehicles back then would have been the small easy stuff to sell quick.

If any were about they would have been FULL imports from the UK or the US provided they were right hand drive only.

Last edited:
The old FOX body Mustang. With a 5.0 power to body weight ratio it must fly?

Well, compared to modern vehicles, not really, lol.

My daily is a 2020 Volvo XC60, that has a turbo 4, putting out 250hp that will easily beat my 5.0.

It's definitely enough to have fun and get into trouble though. I often think about mild, bolt-on power upgrades, but I live in a pretty congested area, and post-covid, people don't seem to even drive the speed limit anymore, much less more than the speed limit, so, I don't really have the space to go fast.

Back