The cheap amps keep a comin

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Hey until the ol' lady lifts the embargo Ima keep buying stuff for under 500 bucks. At this point it's really about attrition LOL.

Marshall JMD-1 100w head getting picked up hopefully tonight. Just to expound on why, I really liked the demo that Doug Aldrich did for this amp. Digging a little I found that the pre-amps are Softube which can't be a bad thing. EL34 powered with an ax7 for the PI. Very similar to Spider Valves layout.

1689785720497.png

Last edited:
Hey until the ol' lady lifts the embargo Ima keep buying stuff for under 500 bucks. At this point it's really about attrition LOL.

Marshall JMD-1 100w head getting picked up hopefully tonight. Just to expound on why, I really liked the demo that Doug Aldrich did for this amp. Digging a little I found that the pre-amps are Softube which can't be a bad thing. EL34 powered with an ax7 for the PI. Very similar to Spider Valves layout.

View attachment 9040
I was actually kinda curious about this Bob "Quartz in the Rough" find until I saw that the fx loop is parallel?!? Ugh, Marshall.

Back when the Marshall Vintage Modern was a new amp, it had its own forum, and I remember the owner of that forum also really liked his JMD.

Some say it was an idea ahead of its time.

Back