Thanks Chino

When they laid back and let it vibe it was perfect with Chinos vocal style.

Polyphia can write a melody, they just ruin it so often with their OMG I SNORTED MY A.D.D MEDS, PLAY ALL DA NOTES, BABA DADA CHICKY CHICKY style. (And the drums are almost abrasive)

That said, I hope this might be their path forward, working with vocalists. Throw in a good producer that can convince them to lay back and set a groove and I think they could do something cool.

When they laid back and let it vibe it was perfect with Chinos vocal style.

Polyphia can write a melody, they just ruin it so often with their OMG I SNORTED MY A.D.D MEDS, PLAY ALL DA NOTES, BABA DADA CHICKY CHICKY style. (And the drums are almost abrasive)

That said, I hope this might be their path forward, working with vocalists. Throw in a good producer that can convince them to lay back and set a groove and I think they could do something cool.
Is this the only thing they've done with a singer?

They may have their own "style," but for me it's more predictable and scripted than
what they loathe about them other "genres" they want to die.

This song is a mess...
Gordon Ramsay Smh GIF by FOX TV

Listen to that downtuned guitar hahaha

Love Chino :knit

I agree. The mix fell apart when they went to the heavy bits.

Because they didn’t actually let it be heavy. That section came up and I’m waiting for some kind of dynamic rise/emphasis saying “THIS IS THE F*CKIN’ HEAVY PART, BITCH!” but it was just the same dynamic as the rest of the song.

That said, it was definitely my favorite thing I’ve heard from them yet. Lots of Vai-isms in that solo, too.

Back