TGF Do Something Challenge Week 7!!

DrewJD82

Staff member
Only one more challenge after this before a weiner is declared for the first round!

I’m still blown away at how many have consistently contributed and I can’t even comprehend the output of some of you, in both quality and quantity. For that I am extremely envious of that kind of consistent inspiration! And we‘ve got some newcomers this week!!!

@Iron1- 16!!
@sotipay - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 10
@duzie - 2
@FAKA! - 7
@metropolis_4 - 3
@TJontheRoad - 7
@SeeD - 1
@Fireproof - 1
@la szum - 4
@Piing - 4
@TheTrueZoltan! - 4
@Jarick - 1
@JiveTurkey - 5
@woody - 3
@Gearzilla - 4
@Whizzinby - 5 (I gave you 2 points because I know you went nuts on that mix :ROFLMAO: )
@TravisG406 - 16!!!
@fretworn -3
@Bruce - 5
@DrewJD82 -4
@mbenigni -1
@norminal -5
@the-trooper -1
@AminorZmajor -1
@FuzzyAce -1

Im Proud Of You Episode 1 GIF by New Amsterdam

Last edited:

Focused on levels, figured out the routing so I could pan correctly, tried a different approach to doing final levels. Some of the blending in parts left a bit to be desired, but I'm sorta at the limits of my recording/mixing capabilities. SoundCloud as usual finds a way to knock the edge off the final mix too. Oh well.

Focused on levels, figured out the routing so I could pan correctly, tried a different approach to doing final levels. Some of the blending in parts left a bit to be desired, but I'm sorta at the limits of my recording/mixing capabilities. SoundCloud as usual finds a way to knock the edge off the final mix too. Oh well.

Nice, I'd like to put some synths on this track if'n you're interested in a colab. I was just playing around with some ideas as I was listening.

Focused on levels, figured out the routing so I could pan correctly, tried a different approach to doing final levels.

I'm trying to understand what it is about that chimey clean sound that is just so unbelievably ear-grabby. 😍

I enjoy making clean tones, and they're pretty decent, but none of them sound like yours. Is there some kind of room IR on it or something? It sounds... expansive. Anyway, something about that tone you've created that is VERY appealing to me.

Yep, I could listen to a whole album of this, then hit REPEAT when it was over. And, +1 to @jellodog 's chimey clean comment.

This weeks humble submission.

Production notes outside my usual:

All vocals recorded with the Warm Audio WA47. In my opinion this mic is an excellent value. For lack of a better word, it sounds warm and round to me. 24 tracks of background vocals between my wife and I.
Guitars are Phil X Friedman with gain pretty low on the rhythms.
Drums are mostly Slate Trigger CLA pack.
Used my Eventide H9000 as a summing mixer, adding harmonic saturation to 8 stereo pairs. I thought the results were pretty good. Good enough to the point I’ve stopped shopping for a summing mixer.

Your mixing skills are coming along. HMU if you want opinions further.

This weeks humble submission.

Production notes outside my usual:

All vocals recorded with the Warm Audio WA47. In my opinion this mic is an excellent value. For lack of a better word, it sounds warm and round to me. 24 tracks of background vocals between my wife and I.
Guitars are Phil X Friedman with gain pretty low on the rhythms.
Drums are mostly Slate Trigger CLA pack.
Used my Eventide H9000 as a summing mixer, adding harmonic saturation to 8 stereo pairs. I thought the results were pretty good. Good enough to the point I’ve stopped shopping for a summing mixer.

I love that song.

Music is a funny thing.

Me and my grandad used to watch Caddyshack on repeat, (Rodney Dangerfield gets the golf course rocking to this song :ROFLMAO: ) so naturally every time I hear this song, beyond it being an otherwise fantastic song, it makes me immediately think of the old man.

Your mixing skills are coming along. HMU if you want opinions further.

Incoming.

I'm trying to understand what it is about that chimey clean sound that is just so unbelievably ear-grabby. 😍

I enjoy making clean tones, and they're pretty decent, but none of them sound like yours. Is there some kind of room IR on it or something? It sounds... expansive. Anyway, something about that tone you've created that is VERY appealing to me.

Too kind brother.

Compressor dimed, reverb and delay about half mix, but the feedback and decay for both as far as I can crank it without it self oscillating. Then I double track it.

I pretty much live in washed out clean land. lol

Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Yep, I could listen to a whole album of this, then hit REPEAT when it was over. And, +1 to @jellodog 's chimey clean comment.

Thanks man!

:headbang

Back