TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Six

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week Six of the Second Season of the 2024 Do Something Challenge!!

Life is tough out there, but the oh-fish-all TGF Recording Artists are making it through!
abe281b4794d9fcaada51381674e90ea.jpg

^^^^Official TGF Recording Artist Motto ^^^^

Here is the current list of insanely talented drunks entrants:

ORIGINALS
@PLX - 20!!!!
@Whizzinby - 7
@FuzzyAce - 7
@Iron1 - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1
@spawnofthesith - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@dbagchee - 1
@Sleezy E - 1
@TVvoodoo - 1
@Musicknurd - 1
@aldunk - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@sleewell - 1
@Moondog Wily - 4
@DrewJD82 - 1
@Los-D - 2

COVERS
@Whizzinby - 2
@primeholy - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1
@mbenigni - 1
@Sleezy E - 1

LEADS
@PLX - 6

Bandmate Champions
Nada

Everyone else on TGF:

14uybk.jpg

With only 3 weeks left, it's time to answer these and other pressing questions:

1. Who is going to challenge @PLX for the Originals top spot?
2. Who will take the lead in the Covers Category?
3. When will @megametal7's Where's Waldo cover band make an appearance?
4. Why is the sky blue?
5. Where do chocolate pinecones come from?
6. Did Nikki Sixx really die twice or was he just in Nebraska?

Annnndddd...

GO!

I'm missing your fresh tracks @Iron1 ?

You've been mighty quiet lately.

:somean
Been focused on my band - less than 3 weeks til our first gig. And, truth be told, I was getting stuff I wrote for the Challenge mixed up with stuff I wrote for the band, so had to put Challenge songs on hold for now.

Been focused on my band - less than 3 weeks til our first gig. And, truth be told, I was getting stuff I wrote for the Challenge mixed up with stuff I wrote for the band, so had to put Challenge songs on hold for now.
Band smand, your virtual Do Something Challenge band of idiots is more important! :cop

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I get it though, only so many hours in a day. Best of luck with the first gig. :beer

I ditched Audius and went to YouTube because of this.

:rolleyes:
It's a shame because Audius noticeably sounds better than Soundcloud, although SC is extremely stable (maybe because of the lower bandwidth:grin).

It's a shame because Audius noticeably sounds better than Soundcloud, although SC is extremely stable (maybe because of the lower bandwidth:grin).
Sounclick is a little better than Soundcloud, as well..

Soundclick also doesn't GAF about you posting cover tunes that use backing tracks made from the original artists' stems.

YouTube, took me about 20 videos for me to finally break the code as to what YouTube was gonna do - compression wise - to my tracks, and mitigate it by changing my recording process.

Sounclick is a little better than Soundcloud, as well..

Soundclick also doesn't GAF about you posting cover tunes that use backing tracks made from the original artists' stems.

YouTube, took me about 20 videos for me to finally break the code as to what YouTube was gonna do - compression wise - to my tracks, and mitigate it by changing my recording process.
I may do Rumble or Youtube at some point. Making a few vids to go along with the music would be fun.

This is really nice! What gear did you use?
Thanks for listening!
HX Native for all the guitars/bass sounds. SD3 for drums.
Guitar is my no. 1 partscaster.

The main rhythm bed of guitars is just doubled tracked with a very compressed factory preset called Dark & Lush, I think I only tweaked the reverb in it and did some post bus EQ and honed in the panning.
Bass is another factory preset (BAS: Hire me!). I got lazy and played it on guitar first, then pitched it down a whole octave. Post EQ, compression.
Melody guitar(s) phrase is doubled with 1 factory preset slightly tweaked (SFX:Ufology) and my own preset using the Brit Plexi Jump with the Wringer Fuzz octave.
Lead guitar is also the Brit Plexi Jump and the Wringer Fuzz octave, with a slight Ubiquitous Vibe up front.
"Organ" part is the Melody guitar upped an octave, reversed, and slowed down to half speed. Post effects to make it sound more like an organ bed.

Last edited:
I started doing this blues number. Did a rough draft of the guitar part then I killed my thumb on my picking hand.
This is as far as I got with it. There was going to be more but I faded it out.
Here it is with all the warts and wrinkles in it.

Back