TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Four

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week Three FOUR of the second season of the 2024 Do Something Challenge!!

Live look-in at reigning champion @PLX preparing to drop 17 more tracks this week:

4008324.jpg

Can you believe we're all the way to Week Four? I'm still trying to remember why I came into this thread, much less what week it is...

Here is the current list of amazing entrants:

ORIGINALS
@PLX - 12!!!!
@Whizzinby - 5
@FuzzyAce - 4
@Iron1 - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1
@spawnofthesith - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@dbagchee - 1
@Sleezy E - 1
@TVvoodoo - 1
@Musicknurd - 1
@aldunk - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@sleewell - 1
@Moondog Wily - 3

COVERS
@Whizzinby - 1
@primeholy - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1

LEADS
@PLX - 4

Bandmate Champions
Nada

The rest of TGF:

6557b2f051f71.jpeg

List of things to do with your gear instead of SOMETHING:

1. NOTHING
2. See #1
3. See #2
4. What are you still doing here?

Ok, instead of debating the infinitesimally small sub-harmonic variations in guitar cabs based on the space between atoms in various types of tone wood, DO SOMETHING.

Music gear is like a toilet, it was meant to be used, not discussed ad naseum. Now, excuse me while I go tuneup my commode. :poop:

Last edited:
I'm tossing this one in for this week's, even though I started it last night around 10pm

I made the backing track by ripping the isolated tracks from YouTube. Strat into a bunch of pedals into the Electra Dyne head, Suhr RL and DynaCabs in the AxeFX.

Threw this this together this afternoon.

Audius has taken a major shit the last couple weeks. Sometimes embeds, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes you can stream, sometimes you can't. lol Sucks because ive never figured out how to get a mix to sound halfway decent with the way SoundCloud compresses the audio.

Here is a cover. I upped the tempo and gave it more crunch. The bass and galloping guitar in the background reminds me of kiss during their disco phase.
I didn’t do any vox because I have a hellacious cough that won’t stop.
I wanted to do more, but I just don’t have the energy right now.
I used the following.
Jackson King V with Duncan distortions and Epi 58 goth explorer with Fishman Fluence moderns for the main riffs.
The gallop is my BCR Kerry King Warlock with stock pups.
Bass is my trusty Ibanez 605
All through various presets on my HX Stomp.
Mixed in reaper
If anyone is brave enough to want to do the vox on this let me know and I can send you the file.
Or maybe I could try to contact Dave Bickler and do an eye of the tiger / real men of genius mashup
Here is Metal Eye of the Tiger. Enjoy~

I'm tossing this one in for this week's, even though I started it last night around 10pm

I made the backing track by ripping the isolated tracks from YouTube. Strat into a bunch of pedals into the Electra Dyne head, Suhr RL and DynaCabs in the AxeFX.

Hell yeah! Better tone than Frusciante--which can get on the
thin side for my tastes at times.. Thanks for burying the Vox, too. :rofl

It's kind of fucked that I remember the day this Album dropped,
and was an Adult in 1991. It was such an massive leap forward
from Mother's Milk.

Hell yeah! Better tone than Frusciante--which can get on the
thin side for my tastes at times.. Thanks for burying the Vox, too. :rofl

It's kind of fucked that I remember the day this Album dropped,
and was an Adult in 1991. It was such an massive leap forward
from Mother's Milk.

Hahahahha burying the vocal was 90% of the reason I went out my way to do it that way. :rofl

I can remember when there was a lot of backlash to Anthony starting to "sing" more and
more. Kind of like with Hetfield on the Black Album. :idk

Well deserved in some respects. Sorry Anthony. Still love the RHCP! :chef

Back