TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Five

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week Five of the Second Season of the 2024 Do Something Challenge!!

Live lookin at my life:
8e9f2c48d76d745cb12ae1d1ace71078.png

It's Week Five - and you know what that means! (I don't, but YOU do, right? Right??)

Here is the current list of incredible entrants:

ORIGINALS
@PLX - 16!!!!
@Whizzinby - 6
@FuzzyAce - 5
@Iron1 - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1
@spawnofthesith - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@dbagchee - 1
@Sleezy E - 1
@TVvoodoo - 1
@Musicknurd - 1
@aldunk - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@sleewell - 1
@Moondog Wily - 3
@DrewJD82 - 1
@Los-D - 1
@mbenigni - 1

COVERS
@Whizzinby - 1
@primeholy - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1

LEADS
@PLX - 6

Bandmate Champions
Nada

The rest of TGF:

4163226e1f7ade72f1f985dbaeaf7afb.jpg

4e048ecb6e01eccea9ac8d42ed9a01a8.jpg

Ok, we're in the back stretch with only 4 weeks left, so, always remember:

49296272_0.jpg

(Partial) #cover

This is an older one but ran it through Garageband and might as well post it. Superstrat + EMG81 through Line 6 UX1 on ML Soundlab’s Amped Roots 5034 (Fluff’s free amp) double-tracked. Only first verse + chorus. Backing track from the web without any guitars.

#original

Here's a rough idea I did last night. Nothing crazy.

You have an awesome style dude. I dig everything you drop man. (y)

(Partial) #cover

This is an older one but ran it through Garageband and might as well post it. Superstrat + EMG81 through Line 6 UX1 on ML Soundlab’s Amped Roots 5034 (Fluff’s free amp) double-tracked. Only first verse + chorus. Backing track from the web without any guitars.

🤘🤘🤘

"Original Composition"

:farley

cover :farley

Heard this song a few days back and it got stuck in my head. Figured out the guitar parts because I realized I had never played it... big fan of this song when I was a kid.

I did the bass and rhythms on monday and learned the solo today. The bass line is so funky and fun to play.
I can't hit the notes Robert does so I sang it an octave lower with falsetto's blended in... its meh. If anyone can rip these vocals hit me up and we can make this a "bandmate" entry ftmfw

all instruments helix - sd3

I should also add... I didn't realize until I was researching the solo, but the original guitarist on this track was Eddie Martinez.. same guy that did the guitars on Run DMC's "King of Rock" which I also covered a couple years back.. lol, weird.

Last edited:
cover :farley

Heard this song a few days back and it got stuck in my head. Figured out the guitar parts because I realized I had never played it... big fan of this song when I was a kid.

I did the bass and rhythms on monday and learned the solo today. The bass line is so funky and fun to play.
I can't hit the notes Robert does so I sang it an octave lower with falsetto's blended in... its meh. If anyone can't rip these vocals hit me up and we can make this a "bandmate" entry ftmfw

all instruments helix - sd3

That was awesome dude!
:beer

Oldschool Deftones song. Where's Chino?

#cover

Admittedly, I haven't listened to much Deftones... :sofa, but this was great too!

You guys are making me want to play a cover now. :hmm :rofl

I should also add... I didn't realize until I was researching the solo, but the original guitarist on this track was Eddie Martinez.. same guy that did the guitars on Run DMC's "King of Rock" which I also covered a couple years back.. lol, weird.

For some reason I assumed that was Lukather on Simply Irresistible lead? I've been wrong before. :grin
Always loved it though. Like your KoR cover too!

Back