Votes: 1 4.5%
  • PRS NF 53 dog hair white

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • American deluxe/elite/ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
But depends if you want Tele or “Tele- shaped”.
Those PRSs don't really qualify as either. I kinda dig them sonically, have not been able to convince myself they're "cute in an funny-looking-kid sort of way" so far, don't really find them terribly tele-like at all, except in the saddle department. Overall, if I were looking for a "PRS but very different that swings kind of in that tele-ish-sorta direction" I'd go Vela over the NF59187IDHIH431234JHPAOIDSULKJKJDSPGOI stuff.

If you're going tele, that blue thinline is :chef

I'd go Vela over the NF59187IDHIH431234JHPAOIDSULKJKJDSPGOI stuff.
IMG_2079.gif

My CE24 begs to differ, extremely bright guitar :ROFLMAO:

My LP and the SG I used to have are/were darker than any PRS I own, except surprisingly maybe the vela :idk

Re partscasters: probably irrational but they give me the ick

Still soul searching, but spending a lot of time with all my guitars this long weekend, maybe between the vela and SS I don’t really -need- another single coil guitar at the moment and should keep my eye on the prize of an HBII…

Pretty sure we are just jerking one another's chain here with our maybe funny, maybe not so funny
comments. :beer

I actually have very dark sounding PRSi. People used to download my AFII presets and complain about them being overly bright as they were all dialed in with my Standard 24 which is super extra dark.

Those PRSs don't really qualify as either. I kinda dig them sonically, have not been able to convince myself they're "cute in an funny-looking-kid sort of way" so far, don't really find them terribly tele-like at all, except in the saddle department. Overall, if I were looking for a "PRS but very different that swings kind of in that tele-ish-sorta direction" I'd go Vela over the NF59187IDHIH431234JHPAOIDSULKJKJDSPGOI stuff.

If you're going tele, that blue thinline is :chef

Already have a Vela :ROFLMAO: It’s an awesome guitar

Yep, I think this manic state has come to a conclusion

And now I’m back to a previous manic state of thinking about a strandberg nx6 again :sofa

If you want it to sound like a Tele it should be a blackguard style with three saddles .

My old S2 Mira was super dark and dull sounding with any pickup. My CE24 sounds wonderfully balanced with any pickup. My Standard 24 is somewhere in the middle.

If PRS is flirting with a tele, why not just design it like how they did with the Silver Sky? Keep enough of the aesthetic but still unique enough to not be a clone.

If PRS is flirting with a tele, why not just design it like how they did with the Silver Sky? Keep enough of the aesthetic but still unique enough to not be a clone.

I can appreciate that they did it more different than an SS

AFAIK the only reason the SS is quite so close to a strat is because Fender dropped the ball and wouldn't give JM what he wanted and Paul jumped at the opportunity

Back