Votes: 3 13.6%
  • American deluxe/elite/ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Cant Touch This Super Bowl GIF by Cheetos

How do the feel?

I've owned at least half a dozen Teles looking for "the one". Currently doing an American Special that I swapped in locking tuners, a Gotoh six saddle bridge, and different pickups (Tele Areas but sometimes use Suhrs). It's pretty good.

I'd look for a clean lightly used American Pro as a good starting point, but if you really do prefer the compound board and noiseless pickups, then the Ultra is a solid choice. I'm more interested in vintage style Teles at the moment, so I may have to swap out some parts on mine to get back there.

I've owned at least half a dozen Teles looking for "the one". Currently doing an American Special that I swapped in locking tuners, a Gotoh six saddle bridge, and different pickups (Tele Areas but sometimes use Suhrs). It's pretty good.
I feel like I landed "the one" on first try with the used KDC Tele I got last year. All it needed was new pickups, a setup and a bit of modding to make the switch and pickups fit. It's not perfect, but I really enjoy it and it cost me maybe 700 € in total.

Highly recommend Cavalier Pickups if you want good Tele pickups.

kdc-barncaster-front-upgraded-jpg.15890

Last edited:
Find a 50s Baja Telecaster.

I always wanted one of these. Neck was big but everything was awesome. Naturally they discontinued it.

I’m actually going to convert my Strat and Tele back to vintage style hardware. I have modern Gotoh bridges and locking tuners on both, but I’m going to put vintage slotted tuners and the vintage style bridges back on them. With Suhr pickups in both.

You had me at “cheap”. :D

Then again, I have no passion for teles whatsoever, so my vote should probably be ignored.

My CE24 begs to differ, extremely bright guitar :ROFLMAO:

My LP and the SG I used to have are/were darker than any PRS I own, except surprisingly maybe the vela :idk

Re partscasters: probably irrational but they give me the ick

Still soul searching, but spending a lot of time with all my guitars this long weekend, maybe between the vela and SS I don’t really -need- another single coil guitar at the moment and should keep my eye on the prize of an HBII…

Back