• American deluxe/elite/ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
More than likely going fill my tele hole in the next month or two. I’ve been eyeing those new limited edition semihollow am pro IIs for a minute. Love the finish options and the fact that it’s semihollow. I have favorable views towards the am pro stuff based on my strat (RIP)

I also have a line on a very affordable used ash 2010 American standard. Given the price this would yield the soonest action

My favorite tele I’ve owned was an American deluxe telecaster so that’s a proven formula, love the compound radius on those. I’d be cool with a deluxe or any of the reboot lines

The last couple days I’ve really had the most gas for an NF53. Didn’t like them at first now I’m obsessed, especially the dog hair white. I know it deviates pretty far from a traditional tele, but that’s cool with me. Been listening to clips and demos all day and I’m very much into it. That being said, $2800 is a bit of a tough pill to swallow for a T type and I don’t anticipate good deals on used ones any time soon. As some of you may know though, I’ve pretty much fully committed to PRS at this point lol

Sassy We Did It GIF by Rosanna Pansino

:ROFLMAO:

My soul really does want the NF53 but the truth is that new price probably is high enough that I truly would struggle to commit. Might be something I have to revisit in a year or so when used ones start popping up at under $2k :idk and considering that a PRS HB II is a bit of a bucket list guitar for me, the fact that you can find those for around what an NF53 runs for or less if I were to drop that much coin that seems it would be a more logical move

The used standard seems almost like a no brainer, but I’m a ho for certain aesthetics and that thinline really gets me going :idk

I am in a do what the fuck you want while you can mode, and have zero fucks to give
about what anyone else thinks while you're doing what the fuck you want to do. :beer

If something gets you excited, that, to me is a sign. If something doesn't, and you try to
justify why it is a more sensible choice, but you still don't feel it. That, too, is also a sign. :LOL:

And the pickups, while not “true tele” would probably be more fitting for use with my band…

I know where you stand on F holes :ROFLMAO:
F holes can look killer on a guitar. Just not my thing. Those PRS are funky looking otherwise but that natural finish is fucking awesome.

I have a TAG Hollow-T with noiseless Tele style neck and minihum in bridge, super versatile - and light!

20180705_142126.jpg

Among others, a Fender Modern Player Thinline P-90, stuck some Fralin noiseless P-90s in there, also swapped in a Warmoth roasted maple neck, love it!
20220109_123538.jpg

Last edited:
More than likely going fill my tele hole in the next month or two. I’ve been eyeing those new limited edition semihollow am pro IIs for a minute. Love the finish options and the fact that it’s semihollow. I have favorable views towards the am pro stuff based on my strat (RIP)

The last couple days I’ve really had the most gas for an NF53. Didn’t like them at first now I’m obsessed, especially the dog hair white. I know it deviates pretty far from a traditional tele, but that’s cool with me. Been listening to clips and demos all day and I’m very much into it. That being said, $2800 is a bit of a tough pill to swallow for a T type and I don’t anticipate good deals on used ones any time soon. As some of you may know though, I’ve pretty much fully committed to PRS at this point lol
IMO the PRS NF series is a really ugly take on the Tele, especially that big pickguard version. Plus at that cost...I mean a guitar does not get simpler than a Tele so it's hard to justify it being expensive.

So I vote for for Pro II. You already said you love the finish options and semihollowness. I'd probably go for the Daphne Blue or Surf Green color.

Back