Tales from.. ..The StrapLab!

Sliced a nice chunk of the side of my left pointer off, about 3/4" long. Lotta red stuff. Was peeking too far over the straight edge. When you cut leather, you gotta make a good strong stroke.
Throbbing pretty good all day here. :cuss

Happy Friday! Need to apologize if you were interested in the strap above, "Blackstone." The fella who changed directions on me changed again, and now is figuring he wants the original, AND the new one together. But I haven't seen any money yet. Here's "Scorpio," completed today.

I'm being gracious to him, as he's a longtime multiple customer. Says his girl put his Well-Hung banner I give out, over top their bed. Talk about pressure! "Scorpio" is a little simpler, no big fancy buckle up front, mahogany dye, contrast stitching, otherwise similar. at the 50-58 length will work nice as front or back buckler for many guitarists.

cxJBq7LG_o.jpg

PHBotyD7_o.jpg

pretty fine-looking pair! (if a bit out of focus LOL!)

al80PfWE_o.jpg

I'm still not 100% sure he's going to pick up both, anything he does not, goes to the reverb store.

Dan is a online acquaintance, and Well-Hung warrior. In is feedback he stated Well-Hung straps are the best tone choices he's ever made. Not gonna argue! Here's his Paul, with a brand new Genocide

x7mVKR6F_o.jpg

have a great weekend brothers!

@Moondog Wily Thanks for your concern!
Well, last night I slowly peeled off about ten layers of bloody paper towel until the last few layers wouldn't come off, all stuck to the wound. Soaked it, and got the rest off, but it started bleeding like crazy again.
Wrapped it again with gauze that turned a blackish red colour overnight and has dried near hard as a rock LOL! I'm afraid to change it out niw and rip things up again. My wife noted I should have tried to secure the part of my finger I sliced off over the wound, might have healed faster. Too late now, told her I put it in the meat sauce instead.

It's not the tip, but more along the side of my finger, but it hurts like the dickens when I bump it. The show must go on!

Well, last night I slowly peeled off about ten layers of bloody paper towel until the last few layers wouldn't come off, all stuck to the wound. Soaked it, and got the rest off, but it started bleeding like crazy again.
Wrapped it again with gauze that turned a blackish red colour overnight and has dried near hard as a rock LOL! I'm afraid to change it out niw and rip things up again. My wife noted I should have tried to secure the part of my finger I sliced off over the wound, might have healed faster. Too late now, told her I put it in the meat sauce instead.

It's not the tip, but more along the side of my finger, but it hurts like the dickens when I bump it. The show must go on!
Yeah, the old flesh makes a good bandage! Good name for a band "Flesh Bandage"!! Take care, hope it heals quickly ;~))

Sucks man! Super glue is your friend, I've used it many times on finger wounds.

Couple new ones in the store recently completed:

Gator Crossing -

tm3OzBtV_o.jpg

This is was devised for a high wearer, or a lady, looking to get her Well-Hung swagger on.
It's a bit shorter than my typical build, (but actually about as long as your typical storebought, at 38"-52" max).
Luxe Well-Hung padding that will make you wish you found it ten years ago, black calf leather with a semi-gloss shine. I added some fancy, too.

Here's something rather different - New Prototype of the "Slash 'n Burn"

5bZ2eKZV_o.jpg

Flies in the face of almost all I stand for except one thing: Super badass coolness! This guitarist torture device called a "skinny strap" is something I've resisted making for, like, forever! 'Til now. Seems there's a demand for such things, machochist guitarists who crave the cool rebel vintage vibe. Mine is kind of extra over others what with a bunch of conchos, hand tooling, hand burnishing of the edges, "Burntwood" dye scheme etc. I added a bit of yoga mat padding in the shoulder. Shoulder section is 1.5" wide, so think of it as a heavy duty custom belt, specifically made for guitar slingin'

mbcmt5cB_o.jpg

Looks crazy cool laying on my vintage burst strat, but not something I'd want to wear for 2 hours, unless it was sitting on a leather or denim vest or a suit jacket with padding etc.... I'll leave it for you rough 'n tough bad boy types. As this is a prototype, I tested this design with dual Conway buckles, but I probably won't keep doing that. Seems to overly complicate something that doesn't need to be. Very strong and secure, though.

Quite a while since I added some "fabric-centric" straps into the Well-Hung store, and my Mexican blanket series has received no attention for too long of a while... so the last couple days, no siestas for me! I've been getting my Bandido on!

QBGY2Vkz_o.jpg

Most of these float between about 44-57 inches, and are like a guitarists dream, they are so comfy!
Above top, L-R "Cayenne" "Plateau" "Vinto Tinto", bottom row "Agave," on the far side "TGTBTU"

Fabric straps have a bit of a flexibility advantage over most leathers, in my opinion. The way they wrap around
and hug you is a bit different. Real easy to get used to, even addictive a little bit.

3" wide on the shoulder, real good trusty leather ends, a whole heaping helping lot of picante South-of-the-Border
badass style. Super on telecasters in particular, and acoustic guitars.

Coming Monday to the Well-Hung Reverb store... a couple of really interesting No Prisoners series one-offs completed today...

"Flower Power" will soon find a new life as a killer hippy-dippy guitar strap, where it was once a designer ladies suede belt of the "Guess" brand. I added some matching oil-tanned pull up leather, luxe padding and a nice long tail strap. Very comfy, 3" wide. Super far-out embroidery, man, and some long fringe that's just plain outtasite!

7fIOr1a5_o.jpg

Once in a while I'll make a strap I almost cannot hardly bear considering parting with it's so dang bitchin'.
"Mr. Cool" is absolutely gonna make somebody's rig 33% cooler, and the owner will probably be able to
lay off the blue boner pills for like, forever! Probaby stimulate hair growth and stop global warming too!

LYWt6Ed4_o.jpg

Beautiful macho, braided black leather. So handsome! And, it has that evil little glitter too with
all that texture, plus a little spring too. I chose NOT to pad or back this one. Goes to 60"
My opinion, this is an amazing piece, it's gonna fairly fly off the shelf, I predict. No early birds.

Well-Hung No Prisoners series straps are crafted from found items such as these belts where I take some
time to figure out a way to make one-of-a-kind guitar straps that are sturdy, comfy, trusty and treasured.

Coming Monday to the Well-Hung Reverb store... a couple of really interesting No Prisoners series one-offs completed today...

"Flower Power" will soon find a new life as a killer hippy-dippy guitar strap, where it was once a designer ladies suede belt of the "Guess" brand. I added some matching oil-tanned pull up leather, luxe padding and a nice long tail strap. Very comfy, 3" wide. Super far-out embroidery, man, and some long fringe that's just plain outtasite!

7fIOr1a5_o.jpg

Once in a while I'll make a strap I almost cannot hardly bear considering parting with it's so dang bitchin'.
"Mr. Cool" is absolutely gonna make somebody's rig 33% cooler, and the owner will probably be able to
lay off the blue boner pills for like, forever! Probaby stimulate hair growth and stop global warming too!

LYWt6Ed4_o.jpg

Beautiful macho, braided black leather. So handsome! And, it has that evil little glitter too with
all that texture, plus a little spring too. I chose NOT to pad or back this one. Goes to 60"
My opinion, this is an amazing piece, it's gonna fairly fly off the shelf, I predict. No early birds.

Well-Hung No Prisoners series straps are crafted from found items such as these belts where I take some
time to figure out a way to make one-of-a-kind guitar straps that are sturdy, comfy, trusty and treasured.
Does that global warming strap (I get why you call it Mr. Cool, cause it helps prevent global warming) go down to 38"?

New in-store today, "Burntwood" which comes with tale of the Wild West, and the dedicated pretty ladies willing to listen to lonely cowboy problems of the day. More of all that on REVERB

Limited edition series, crafted specifically for those tobacco vintage bursts where a guy is seeking something extra handsome and comfortable. Black, tobacco browns, contrasting creme stitching.

zfe1JT9q_o.jpg

Key features: 3" wide, rolled edges, all leather, 45- 58" long, Cadillac padded. A total experience.

jGl0iYkD_o.jpg

For the flashy showmen, a couple new "Disco Stu" straps also appeared in the store... also no compromises on strength, length or comfort.

dG2bdmXb_o.jpg

This is the one you want with you on the desert island, so you can signal rescue planes overhead.
Always up for custom work discussion if I think I can git 'er dun! My slate is open for the middle of next week now.

I believe I am currently making my most comfortable, most robust, shoulder, artist and stage-friendly straps ever.

That's what he said JD cowboy prayer padding.jpg

Back