Synergy IICP issue

Badonkey Kong

Roadie
So Sweetwater has shipped me 2 replacements, but they all do this after about an hour of use. Works great again after it's been off for a while and cooled off. But starts back up again either over time or as the module heats up.

Any other IICP owners experience this? @Desertdweller ?

From what I can gather here you're on the clean channel but turning down the lead channel "overdrive" control. That definitely seems off. Just checked and mine isn't doing that.

Reactions: Elf
Yeah that's it exactly Leon. The trick is, it only does this after an hour or so of it running. Thanks for checking.

So Sweetwater has shipped me 2 replacements, but they all do this after about an hour of use. Works great again after it's been off for a while and cooled off. But starts back up again either over time or as the module heats up.

Any other IICP owners experience this? @Desertdweller ?

Hello @Badonkey Kong Im having the same issue here. My Syn-2 and iicp are just a couple months old and I have not even gigged these yet. Very disappointing. I reached out to Synergy today, have not heard back yet but was wondering if you had a follow up to your post and a resolution? - Thanks!

That’s a bummer! I haven’t really heard any complaints about these!

Got super confused seeing the post date on the OP, hard to believe this place is over a year old now.

Hello @Badonkey Kong Im having the same issue here. My Syn-2 and iicp are just a couple months old and I have not even gigged these yet. Very disappointing. I reached out to Synergy today, have not heard back yet but was wondering if you had a follow up to your post and a resolution? - Thanks!
I tried 3 different IICP modules from Sweetwater. Then I worked with Blad at BAD (Synergy's production/distributor). He and I went around and around a few times and then I never heard from him. Turns out he left the company for whatever reason.

But by then I had figured out that the IICP module runs very hot. As long as I keep space above and below the SYN 2 in the rack, it runs fine. I've had it on all day and no issues.

Cautionary - it does not work well in the SYN 1. I think the placement of the SYN 1's input tube right below the module slot exacerbates the issue.

But a SYN 2 with spaces in the rack above and below has been good.

I tried 3 different IICP modules from Sweetwater. Then I worked with Blad at BAD (Synergy's production/distributor). He and I went around and around a few times and then I never heard from him. Turns out he left the company for whatever reason.

But by then I had figured out that the IICP module runs very hot. As long as I keep space above and below the SYN 2 in the rack, it runs fine. I've had it on all day and no issues.

Cautionary - it does not work well in the SYN 1. I think the placement of the SYN 1's input tube right below the module slot exacerbates the issue.

But a SYN 2 with spaces in the rack above and below has been good.
That's interesting, I never had a problem with any of the Synergy modules. One of them, the Uberschall had a bit of a noisy issue with the second lead channel, but nothing that would have been a showstopper. That said, I felt like the IICP really hit the nail on the head with the lead channel, but the B man killed it for cleans, which is interesting because the IICP should have had a very fender-style clean channel to it.

That's interesting, I never had a problem with any of the Synergy modules. One of them, the Uberschall had a bit of a noisy issue with the second lead channel, but nothing that would have been a showstopper. That said, I felt like the IICP really hit the nail on the head with the lead channel, but the B man killed it for cleans, which is interesting because the IICP should have had a very fender-style clean channel to it.
Maybe a parts/tolerance difference in a later batch? Like I said, I tried 3 separate modules and they all did the exact same thing. Loved the sound, so i kept it anyway, and figured out the overheating workaround.

Back