Superior Drummer 3 sale

I have been with Superior drums since the beginning, They always offer excellent upgrade deals for present owners. My upgrade from 2 to 3 was stupid cheap. Probably cheaper added together than the price of SD3 alone. The business model you described is why I've been with Reaper for a long time as well.
Reaper is so good. The last DAW I used primarily before Reaper was Vegas Pro back in 2008. I’ve been on Reaper almost 20 years now, excellent software.

I used to be a ProTools user but their prices got to the point of stupid for how much I use it. I ditched them a little over a year ago. I have been using Logic Pro since then. My biggest question is will Superior Drummer add much to Logic since it has the virtual instruments built in it?

I have Cubase and Reaper as well. I know it will add value to those. I just do most of my work in Logic and am comitting to stick with it for now.

Interesting. :unsure:

I’ve wanted to try it. 230GB, GOT DAMN. I’d need a new external drive to house it, and I’ve just barely got my GGD workflow down. Dilemma.

Interesting. :unsure:

I’ve wanted to try it. 230GB, GOT DAMN. I’d need a new external drive to house it, and I’ve just barely got my GGD workflow down. Dilemma.
Is that the installed size? If so, I don't have enough room on my Mac for it.

I used to be a ProTools user but their prices got to the point of stupid for how much I use it. I ditched them a little over a year ago. I have been using Logic Pro since then. My biggest question is will Superior Drummer add much to Logic since it has the virtual instruments built in it?

I have Cubase and Reaper as well. I know it will add value to those. I just do most of my work in Logic and am comitting to stick with it for now.
The Superior sampler is leagues ahead of anything else out there. It’s very deep and flexible, so it’s hard to say what benefits you’d get because it really depends on how you use it.

Annoyingly the stock SD3 library is GARBAGE and by far the worst of any SDX they’ve ever done. You can choose not to install the atmos micing which doesn’t really offer any benefit for most people anyway.

The stock kits have weird tuning, weak hits, odd micing and the room is overly huge and useless for most genres (because you have to do mad processing to reduce the size of the room in the mics to something that actually works in a song).

Itll do a couple of sounds reasonably OK but you’ll almost certainly have to invest in some other libraries - many of which are much more useful. I think they realised they dropped the ball getting Massenburg to do the stock library because everything since then has been incredible. The SD2 era SDX’s are also pretty great on the whole, once you have a few libraries Superior is really amazing. But don’t expect to love the stock SD3 library, you’ll need to embellish it.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The Superior sampler is leagues ahead of anything else out there. It’s very deep and flexible, so it’s hard to say what benefits you’d get because it really depends on how you use it.

Annoyingly the stock SD3 library is GARBAGE and by far the worst of any SDX they’ve ever done. You can choose not to install the atmos micing which doesn’t really offer any benefit for most people anyway.

The stock kits have weird tuning, weak hits, odd micing and the room is overly huge and useless for most genres (because you have to do mad processing to reduce the size of the room in the mics to something that actually works in a song).

Itll do a couple of sounds reasonably OK but you’ll almost certainly have to invest in some other libraries - many of which are much more useful. I think they realised they dropped the ball getting Massenburg to do the stock library because everything since then has been incredible. The SD2 era SDX’s are also pretty great on the whole, once you have a few libraries Superior is really amazing. But don’t expect to love the stock SD3 library, you’ll need to embellish it.
Wholeheartedly disagree

Wholeheartedly disagree
With which part? I am interested in hearing the details of the other side. I am really on the fence with purchasing SD. I don't have enough space to install all of it and I need it to do more or be enough different than what is in Logic to make it worth buying.

Thanks man. In light of this and being semi comfortable with my couple GGD packs, my mindset is …

:ROFLMAO:

With which part? I am interested in hearing the details of the other side. I am really on the fence with purchasing SD. I don't have enough space to install all of it and I need it to do more or be enough different than what is in Logic to make it worth buying.
I bought several expansion packs when I was using EZ2, they were great additions to the software since Ez2 had very limited mixing abilities.

I've had SD3 for several years now and have never bought an SDX. I'm sure they're great, and I'm probably missing out on some things, sure...

but SD3 comes with a VERY robust preset list that gets me in the ballpark of where I want to go everytime... and then tweak from there to taste... swap drums, change overheads, reverbs, compressors, etc...

I can't seem to find an actual list of all the presets online, but there are well over 100

I bought several expansion packs when I was using EZ2, they were great additions to the software since Ez2 had very limited mixing abilities.

I've had SD3 for several years now and have never bought an SDX. I'm sure they're great, and I'm probably missing out on some things, sure...

but SD3 comes with a VERY robust preset list that gets me in the ballpark of where I want to go everytime... and then tweak from there to taste... swap drums, change overheads, reverbs, compressors, etc...

I can't seem to find an actual list of all the presets online, but there are well over 100
I am starting to get the impression that this could be a bit of a money pit. I am starting to piece together that you have the original purchase of the software and then you buy packs of more types of drums and styles of beats. Is that correct?

I am starting to get the impression that this could be a bit of a money pit. I am starting to piece together that you have the original purchase of the software and then you buy packs of more types of drums and styles of beats. Is that correct?
Not for me... quite the opposite.

I've been using SD3 in it's stock form for 2-3 years... I've never bought an add-on... I don't think it needs it.

If you're susceptible to frequent bouts of GAS then it could be a problem... fwiw, the Ez2 kits I bought in the past were all black friday deals... I'm cheap.

Not for me... quite the opposite.

I've been using SD3 in it's stock form for 2-3 years... I've never bought an add-on... I don't think it needs it.

If you're susceptible to frequent bouts of GAS then it could be a problem... fwiw, the Ez2 kits I bought in the past were all black friday deals... I'm cheap.
I honestly hate spending a ton of money on software and I really hate buying software that then requires me to purchase addons to get the full functionality of it. I am a bit cheap too. :) I just want to buy a version that has the bells and whistles in it so I don't have to keep opening my wallet up.

I honestly hate spending a ton of money on software and I really hate buying software that then requires me to purchase addons to get the full functionality of it. I am a bit cheap too. :) I just want to buy a version that has the bells and whistles in it so I don't have to keep opening my wallet up.

SD3 comes with all the bells and whistles at the initial purchase, my only reason for buying other SDX’s was because I wanted specific kits. There are great kits that come stock with SD3 and if you’re not a drummer that’s familiar with other kits, I wouldn’t expect anyone trying the stock kits to think “These suck!”, but I love Tama Starclassics a lot, so getting one of those was important to me.

There’s 3-4 kits in SD3, the Premier Genesta kit is outstanding and probably my 2nd favorite kit next to Starclassics, I use that on most of my non-metal tunes.

Then you'll love sd3 just the way it is.
do it jewish GIF

Are any of you using Logic? I am curious as to how SD3 stacks up against what is already in Logic. I have loosely been thinking about upgrading my Mac. I am debating on whether I really need to spend that much money right now.

Are any of you using Logic? I am curious as to how SD3 stacks up against what is already in Logic. I have loosely been thinking about upgrading my Mac. I am debating on whether I really need to spend that much money right now.

I use Logic Drummer and SD3. Plus a few other drum sources. Logic Drummer (LD) is good for quick grooves. Less so for detailed fills and breaks. LD offers more electronic and simple base playing styles. I find many of SD3 built in grooves are over played and too showy. Much like the kind of drummer you'd hate to have in your band. I often end up thinning out the beats. SD3 has a much larger library of samples though. I sometimes take grooves from LD to play SD3 sounds.

I really wanted to get into SD3 but the price is crazy high and the libraries are massive. EZ Drummer is pretty good for basic use but none of the libraries were all that inspiring sounding.

I ended up getting the GGD Fusion and Modern & Massive kits instead. The routing with Kontakt is a pain in the ass but the drum sounds are awesome and the library is very reasonably sized.

I use Logic Drummer to get the bones of a drum track, and then copy into MIDI and manually fine tune to match what I would play.

Back