Suggestions for Midi controllers

maddnotez

Groupie
Hello, never used one before. I have always programmed or played anything I recorded but I'm considering two items.

1) Drum pad
2) Keyboard

Looking for something cheap that I can record with. For the drum pad I would like to just assigned it to a specific drum. Like bass drum for example, play it with sticks on the pad instead of programming every hit.

Regarding the Keyboard it would mostly be to link to a bass guitar program I have instead of playing my shitty bass.

Any recommendations? I've never used Midi anything and not even sure if this is what I need.

I’ve got one of these, seems like it fits the bill for ya. Stupid easy to use, just a USB cable into your computer and it’s practically plug and play. I never changed any settings and whenever I open Logic, the pads on the left are already triggering drum sounds in Logic. Now that I think of it, I didn’t have to change any settings anywhere, I just plugged it in and started using it for its purpose.
V61_Ortho_RGB.png

I think mine is he 72(?) key, I got it used at GC for $125 or something. Absolutely worth it! The one above is the V61 model.

Back