Studio Loudspeaker Recs

thisisgreen

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of studio loudspeakers. I'm looking at something with a similar size to some of the JBL models of the 70's and 80's (4311's or 12's) for around 1k. Any brands or models I should consider?

I put those rubber feet under my desk monitors like you guys told me too, and now my monitors sound like they're worth $200 more.

:chef

I put those rubber feet under my desk monitors like you guys told me too, and now my monitors sound like they're worth $200 more.

:chef

Wait until you try these things… BTW, the rubber feet are still on. 😉

IMG_2628.jpeg

FWIW- I put the shorter legs in now. Those were just a little too tall. IsoAcoustics 200s.

So much clearer/cleaner in lows and low mids.

(I got mine new off of eBay for about half price from pitbull audio)

Last edited:
Well sure, but then the monitors won't line up with my ears anymore.. and I'll have to buy a taller chair.

giphy.gif

They come with two sizes of legs. The photo above has the taller legs which I have since removed. Now they stand ~2-3” inches off the desk.

They come with two sizes of legs. The photo above has the taller legs which I have since removed. Now they stand ~2-3” inches off the desk.
My mixing desk already has the elevated section where the audio and video monitors sit.

I figure if I keep shoving rubber feet under these, they'll be worth more than a guitar soon.

:unsure:

My mixing desk already has the elevated section where the audio and video monitors sit.

I figure if I keep shoving rubber feet under these, they'll be worth more than a guitar soon.

:unsure:

Honestly, I think I paid $169 for the IsoAccoustic

Good investment I think from here. (I paid 60 for the rubber feet.)

Reactions: PLX
are the 8's on the desk in the pic? i have a pair of NS10's but looking for a something a bigger. Probably something that would need external speaker stands on either side of a desk.
Yes.

NS10s are cool and have a specific use as you know.

You should be well aware that the HS8s are very much more full range and deliver a huge bass response. Nothing like an NS10. 👍

Wait until you try these things… BTW, the rubber feet are still on. 😉

View attachment 12345

FWIW- I put the shorter legs in now. Those were just a little too tall. IsoAcoustics 200s.

So much clearer/cleaner in lows and low mids.

(I got mine new off of eBay for about half price from pitbull audio)

I use them too. Pretty effective tool.

1000017720.jpg

Last edited:
Back