Stop w all the Dog picts!

This was my wife's dog Spyrra, passed about 4 years ago. She could unwrap a cheeseburger, eat it, and leave the pickle. This dog enjoyed getting dressed, would unwrap presents, jumping high-fives, do backflips (yes), and stayed completely still as we would stack up things like french fries on her nose (Spyrra Jenga) while she patiently drooled and waited for the "OK" so she could shake it onto the ground and eat it all. The kind of dog that didn't need a leash, but would dig a hole under your fence to get back to her mommy.

IMG_20140405_175133.jpg

When we got married we got Spyrra a little buddy, Toki.

IMG_20140816_184712.jpg

Toki @ 2wks
CAM00974.jpg

Sadly I don't have a dog, but I do have this adorable fake picture of a puppy I just had AI create for me :rofl

View attachment 962
That’s exactly how my wife sees a puppy… it’s like total tunnel vision and all these feel good hormones pumping out in the body makes the light diffused and fuzzy…

I see :poop: and puke and my noose pretends to smell something bad…

I’m a huge dog lover, I’ll take a dog over a human any day of the week. It’s been just over a year since my last one passed and I’ve been forcing myself to NOT get another one just because I don’t have anywhere to take him when I travel and I really don’t dig the idea of putting one in a kennel. The shelter I rescued Griffin from would take him in when we traveled but when we brought him back he freaked out thinking we were abandoning him in there and I didn’t have the heart to do it again.

20DB4086-F38B-4AC6-8449-9B8B84421570.jpeg

My ex and I met him at the no-kill shelter where I occasionally volunteer to walk the dogs, he was brought in with two younger dogs after the owner had them all living in a car for months. The guy lost his job and lost his house, lost everything, he didn’t want to give them up but he couldn’t feed them anymore and they were extremely malnourished. Griffin was estimated to be around 13 or 14, had SEVERE anxiety and chronic arthritis. The younger dogs got adopted immediately and we knew no one would take Griff due to his condition/age, so we took him in. They told us he probably only had 2 months left in him, we just didn’t want him dying in a shelter after having a life full of love. Got him on CBD and a high protein diet, within 3 months he was running laps in our back yard and he stuck around for 3 more years.

Before him we had Ozzy, our pug. This dog showed me what unconditional love meant, I don’t think I’ve ever loved anything as much as that dog, outside of my ex-wife and I probably loved her more as a result of my time with Ozzy. We got him when he was 8 weeks old and then one night, when he was 6, completely out the blue he started seizing. $10,000 of injections later and we couldn’t save him. My ex was out of the state with him and I couldn’t be there, I was a total wreck for about 2 weeks. Such a personality in him and man, that dog NEEDED to be cuddling as close as he possibly could to us.

5851AFF8-54BF-4420-AAC2-CCF71D124561.jpeg

F6007EFF-7278-4070-9AD1-1BA969B69D55.jpeg

BD959457-FEE0-4D92-BE95-689236BBC70E.jpeg

76669B00-8C65-4241-8257-C79F7AEE4B0E.jpeg

I’m a huge dog lover, I’ll take a dog over a human any day of the week. It’s been just over a year since my last one passed and I’ve been forcing myself to NOT get another one just because I don’t have anywhere to take him when I travel and I really don’t dig the idea of putting one in a kennel. The shelter I rescued Griffin from would take him in when we traveled but when we brought him back he freaked out thinking we were abandoning him in there and I didn’t have the heart to do it again.

View attachment 1014

My ex and I met him at the no-kill shelter where I occasionally volunteer to walk the dogs, he was brought in with two younger dogs after the owner had them all living in a car for months. The guy lost his job and lost his house, lost everything, he didn’t want to give them up but he couldn’t feed them anymore and they were extremely malnourished. Griffin was estimated to be around 13 or 14, had SEVERE anxiety and chronic arthritis. The younger dogs got adopted immediately and we knew no one would take Griff due to his condition/age, so we took him in. They told us he probably only had 2 months left in him, we just didn’t want him dying in a shelter after having a life full of love. Got him on CBD and a high protein diet, within 3 months he was running laps in our back yard and he stuck around for 3 more years.

Before him we had Ozzy, our pug. This dog showed me what unconditional love meant, I don’t think I’ve ever loved anything as much as that dog, outside of my ex-wife and I probably loved her more as a result of my time with Ozzy. We got him when he was 8 weeks old and then one night, when he was 6, completely out the blue he started seizing. $10,000 of injections later and we couldn’t save him. My ex was out of the state with him and I couldn’t be there, I was a total wreck for about 2 weeks. Such a personality in him and man, that dog NEEDED to be cuddling as close as he possibly could to us.

View attachment 1015

View attachment 1016

View attachment 1017
View attachment 1018
Ahhhh man that's rough! Good on you for taking in the old boy. Rescue dogs are the goddamn best thing ever. The squishy pug boy looked like such a buddy too.
im not crying youre crying GIF

Dogs are proof of unconditional love.
Oh yes. Love them!

Back