Speaking of TV Shows: Jumping the shark. <Spoilers inside>

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
What are some shows that jumped the shark for you. Shows you enjoyed that went down faster than a politician at a fundraiser? here's few for me. Some details I dont remember, I just remember being like WTF? I will also try not to mention obvious ones like Happy Days and Brady Bunch etc etc

Prison Break. First few seasons I thought were outstanding. All downhill after that. And the way they killed off Michael but didn't? LOL

24: Though I do love the entire series even the little mini series and the reboot, I though it jumped the Shark when Elisha Cuthbert (the ditz) all of a sudden becomes some uber smart and crafty CTU Analyst

The Strain: Where do I start? Honestly. Such promise that sank like the Titanic fairly quick. Guillermo Del Torro must be ashamed.

Ok there's a few.

Dexter. Do I need to say any more?

I almost feel like 24 was set up to with the intention of jumping shark, or it shouldn’t have been a surprise. I mean, any show where the main character’s tag line is “Damnit” and it gets said every 5 minutes…. :rolleyes: I still watched it til the end and really enjoyed a lot of it, from what I remember. I even watched the reboot/follow up series they did. It was interesting seeing Gail The Snail do a serious role!

The first couple seasons of blacklist were good

I watched this show for a while, got bored, started again then gave up again. I love Spader in general, but I think the character wore a little thin on me. I think I left off around season 5 and it was just….”Ok, is he her dad? Did he kill her mom? 5 years in, I should know this stuff by now…”

Dexter. Do I need to say any more?

I almost feel like 24 was set up to with the intention of jumping shark, or it shouldn’t have been a surprise. I mean, any show where the main character’s tag line is “Damnit” and it gets said every 5 minutes…. :rolleyes: I still watched it til the end and really enjoyed a lot of it, from what I remember. I even watched the reboot/follow up series they did. It was interesting seeing Gail The Snail do a serious role!

I watched this show for a while, got bored, started again then gave up again. I love Spader in general, but I think the character wore a little thin on me. I think I left off around season 5 and it was just….”Ok, is he her dad? Did he kill her mom? 5 years in, I should know this stuff by now…”

Yeah Spader is awesome. Last episode I saw he was in Cuba. I think it was SE901 but not sure. Once I saw Dembe was his enemy now I was like screw this..

Yeah Spader is awesome. Last episode I saw he was in Cuba. I think it was SE901 but not sure. Once I saw Dembe was his enemy now I was like screw this..

I can’t believe that show has made it to 9 f*cking seasons. :rofl

Dexter is my Lost. Other than Colin Hanks as a bad guy :wat

I’m pretty sure we’ve discussed my love for Lost. Even with the holes and unanswered questions, still in my top 3 favorite shows of all time. Dexter just got….ugh….I can’t even remember the progression of “WTF is this?” but it seemed once he was questioning banging his own sister I was getting sick of it.

Jump the shark? Nah, you meant Jump the Dragon!

You can't forget the total trainwreck that Game Of Thrones turned into.

I wonder if the prequel, House Of The Dragon, will be any better. Chances are..................................?

How about Handmaid's Tale? I can't tell you the moment but we certainly have a shark in our rearview at the moment :hmm

Jump the shark? Nah, you meant Jump the Dragon!

You can't forget the total trainwreck that Game Of Thrones turned into.

I wonder if the prequel, House Of The Dragon, will be any better. Chances are..................................?

I am honestly proud to say I watched a total of 7 minutes or so of that entire series. As soon as the naked dwarf appeared...click.

Back