Speaking of TV Shows: Jumping the shark. <Spoilers inside>

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
What are some shows that jumped the shark for you. Shows you enjoyed that went down faster than a politician at a fundraiser? here's few for me. Some details I dont remember, I just remember being like WTF? I will also try not to mention obvious ones like Happy Days and Brady Bunch etc etc

Prison Break. First few seasons I thought were outstanding. All downhill after that. And the way they killed off Michael but didn't? LOL

24: Though I do love the entire series even the little mini series and the reboot, I though it jumped the Shark when Elisha Cuthbert (the ditz) all of a sudden becomes some uber smart and crafty CTU Analyst

The Strain: Where do I start? Honestly. Such promise that sank like the Titanic fairly quick. Guillermo Del Torro must be ashamed.

Ok there's a few.

Dexter. Do I need to say any more?

I almost feel like 24 was set up to with the intention of jumping shark, or it shouldn’t have been a surprise. I mean, any show where the main character’s tag line is “Damnit” and it gets said every 5 minutes…. :rolleyes: I still watched it til the end and really enjoyed a lot of it, from what I remember. I even watched the reboot/follow up series they did. It was interesting seeing Gail The Snail do a serious role!

The first couple seasons of blacklist were good

I watched this show for a while, got bored, started again then gave up again. I love Spader in general, but I think the character wore a little thin on me. I think I left off around season 5 and it was just….”Ok, is he her dad? Did he kill her mom? 5 years in, I should know this stuff by now…”

Dexter. Do I need to say any more?

I almost feel like 24 was set up to with the intention of jumping shark, or it shouldn’t have been a surprise. I mean, any show where the main character’s tag line is “Damnit” and it gets said every 5 minutes…. :rolleyes: I still watched it til the end and really enjoyed a lot of it, from what I remember. I even watched the reboot/follow up series they did. It was interesting seeing Gail The Snail do a serious role!

I watched this show for a while, got bored, started again then gave up again. I love Spader in general, but I think the character wore a little thin on me. I think I left off around season 5 and it was just….”Ok, is he her dad? Did he kill her mom? 5 years in, I should know this stuff by now…”

Yeah Spader is awesome. Last episode I saw he was in Cuba. I think it was SE901 but not sure. Once I saw Dembe was his enemy now I was like screw this..

Yeah Spader is awesome. Last episode I saw he was in Cuba. I think it was SE901 but not sure. Once I saw Dembe was his enemy now I was like screw this..

I can’t believe that show has made it to 9 f*cking seasons. :rofl

Dexter is my Lost. Other than Colin Hanks as a bad guy :wat

I’m pretty sure we’ve discussed my love for Lost. Even with the holes and unanswered questions, still in my top 3 favorite shows of all time. Dexter just got….ugh….I can’t even remember the progression of “WTF is this?” but it seemed once he was questioning banging his own sister I was getting sick of it.

Jump the shark? Nah, you meant Jump the Dragon!

You can't forget the total trainwreck that Game Of Thrones turned into.

I wonder if the prequel, House Of The Dragon, will be any better. Chances are..................................?

Jump the shark? Nah, you meant Jump the Dragon!

You can't forget the total trainwreck that Game Of Thrones turned into.

I wonder if the prequel, House Of The Dragon, will be any better. Chances are..................................?

I am honestly proud to say I watched a total of 7 minutes or so of that entire series. As soon as the naked dwarf appeared...click.

Back