Songs with Rock in the title

OK, here is a spreadsheet I have started (@Stone, I am sure you can identify) ;~)) If anybody has items that are not in the list, feel free to chime in and I will add to the list. I have a column (column E) that will tag it if it is "about Rock and Roll" or just a song that happens to have the words "rock" or "roll" in the title. I still have a lot of input for artist, writers, who covered, etc. but I will get that done! Thanks for all the inputs, currently at 125 songs ;~))

Last edited:
OK, here is a spreadsheet I have started (@Stone, I am sure you can identify) ;~)) If anybody has items that are not in the list, feel free to chime in and I will add to the list. I have a column (column E) that will tag it if it is "about Rock and Roll" or just a song that happens to have the words "rock" or "roll" in the title. I still have a lot of input for artist, writers, who covered, etc. but I will get that done! Thanks for all the inputs, currently at 125 songs ;~))

Shouldn't you be writing some music?? :rofl:rofl

And how come I can't re-order the columns by artist? :hmm:hmm

Shouldn't you be writing some music?? :rofl:rofl

And how come I can't re-order the columns by artist? :hmm:hmm
Yes, I should be, but after the album release last week, I am focusing on my cover song material ;~)) I did write a song yesterday and there is one spinning in my head today, so likely will write lyrics but not compose any music for them quite yet!

As for the "sort by artist", you can do so if you go to the link (you will need to copy and paste - here it is without any https and such because the forum wants to display the content rather than show the link I inserted, without the https, it does not format it and you can go to link where you can sort by any column) docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSOMiLgyipoRGyJOzGj5Pad5-5ijxJOn20zdsVfENPY/

If you are still not able to sort, let me know and I will look into it (please include as many details as possible including URL you are looking at, browser, operating system of computer, etc. - anything you can give me to duplicate scenario). You can also, from that link, save your very own copy and manipulate/sort as you see fit ;~))

ROCK ON!

OK, I have compiled my "Rock And Roll" setlist, here it is (in alphabetical order but I will likely change the order for a variety of reasons):

Crocodile RockElton John
For Those About To RockAC/DC
Golden Age Of Rock And RollMott The Hoople
I'm Just A Singer In A Rock 'n Roll BandThe Moody Blues
It's Only Rock and Roll But I Like ItThe Rolling Stones
It's Still Rock And Roll To MeBilly Joel
Jailhouse RockElvis Presley
Long Live RockThe Who
Old Time Rock and RollBob Seger
Rock 'N' Roll FantasyBad Company
Rock and RollLed Zeppelin
Rock and RollThe Velvet Underground
Rock And Roll All NiteKiss
Rock and Roll BandBoston
Rock And Roll FantasyBad Company
Rock And Roll Hoochie KooRick Deringer
Rock And Roll MusicChuck Berry
Rock Around The ClockBill Haley and The Comets
Rock Me AmadeusFalco
Rock OnDavid Essex
Rockin' Down The HighwayThe Doobie Brothers
Rockin' In The Free WorldNeil Young
The Heart Of Rock And RollHuey Lewis
The House Is A Rockin'SRV
We Will Rock YouQueen

25 songs so probably about 1.5 hours or so. I will add/remove some as time goes on I am sure, but for now, these are the ones I want to play and will start practicing this set later today. I am going to try and eventually do this set as a live stream ;~))

Reasons I am not playing some of the 110+ songs in the spreadsheet includes, but is not limited to:
- Lyrics don't really reflect "Rock and Roll" (aka "Like a Rock", "Rock Lobster", etc.)
- Too many chords or too complicated a chord structure (for my taste/ability/comfort level/commitment)
- I don't like the artist
- I don't like the song
- The artist already has another song in the list (only one per artist in this set list - sorry Queen, Mott the Hoople, AC/DC and others)

Thanks for all the help in finding the songs that have rock and/or roll in the title. The spreadsheet is viewable at
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSOMiLgyipoRGyJOzGj5Pad5-5ijxJOn20zdsVfENPY
(copy and paste that link, if I put that here as a normal link, it will want to display the spreadsheet and I do not want that) including the set list worksheet! If you have more, feel free to chime in and I will add them to list ;~))

Back