Song Structure For Plush

Don't hurt yourself trying too hard to be diplomatic, JT. :LOL:
Season 2 Show GIF by Paramount+

Oddly.... Radiohead's Creep was/is a total banger. :idk

We'd always try to do our best to read what drew a response.
Because them having more fun usually meant us having fun.

By set 3 and 4 it hardly mattered. Alcohol was in full effect! :guiness

Oddly.... Radiohead's Creep was/is a total banger. :idk

We'd always try to do our best to read what drew a response.
Because them having more fun usually meant us having fun.

By set 3 and 4 it hardly mattered. Alcohol was in full effect! :guiness
The Bends is really the only Radiohead album I ever dug on. I avoided wtever album before it Creep was on and after the Bends; they got wayyyy too weird for my tastes.

I love almost all of Core (outside Wet My Bed). Core was I think the second or third CD I ever got, and I really liked the song Wicked Garden even as kid. Plush is played out so it's not my favorite, but Creep can still give me the chills.

I don't care that they leaned into grunge for their debut. Great album.

Today, my favorite songs are Crackerman and Where the River Goes. Not quite as played out.

The Bends is really the only Radiohead album I ever dug on. I avoided wtever album before it Creep was on and after the Bends; they got wayyyy too weird for my tastes.

100%.

Pablo Honey was too all over the map for me, and while there's a couple tracks I like on OK Computer, it was too experimental. The Bends is the sweet spot of alt rock, that 90's UK sound, good pop songwriting, and enough experimentation to be interesting.

100%.

Pablo Honey was too all over the map for me, and while there's a couple tracks I like on OK Computer, it was too experimental. The Bends is the sweet spot of alt rock, that 90's UK sound, good pop songwriting, and enough experimentation to be interesting.
Planet Telex :chef

I barre the 3rd fret, and let the tip of my 1st finger mute the low E, pinky on Eb, ring on G. Don't know if that helps, but it allows me to strum the muted strings to get all those harmonics w/o letting that low E sound.
Yes i still need tons of practice on that to get it right :confused:

Yes i still need tons of practice on that to get it right :confused:
Since I'm really focused on my technique atm, I watch my fingers sometimes, and it's becoming pretty much second nature for me to mute the next string with the tip of whatever finger (the pinky is still hit-or-miss) is fretting the note. It helps a lot with that note not sounding when I switch to the next string.
There's so many little nuances like that when it comes to guitar.

Man, I grew to loathe that song. Every time the other guitar player breaks into that cool intro I yawn.

I can't say that about a lot of songs, but that one is just a mid-tempo snooze fest for me. Not
chill enough to be down-tempo, not up-tempo enough to be an ass-kicker. The 90s did that
mid-tempo "WTF do you wanna be when you grow up?" song better than any decade.

Must have been the Cocaine/Heroine combination. :LOL:

It seldom went over well when we played it out either. Didn't stop us from playing it. :idk

It is a great lesson in using Jazzy/Steely Dan style chord voicings in rock. I think that is
where that clean-ish Vox Dean runs shines. That chime really allows those chords to be
articulated in a way gain can schmear. I'd build a dual amp setup for any STP. :banana

Oh yeah, I left out the other thing that ran through my head when I found out it was in the set, “F*ckin’ a I’m so sick of that f*cking song I don’t even want to spend time learning it and the thought that it might trip me up is all the more annoying as a result of that“ :rofl

Thankfully, it was far enough outside my normal playing style that once I learned it, it was like a new perspective on it and I just focused on not f*cking up more than I did the fact I was hearing the song for the 5,000,000,0000th time.

Pablo Honey. :chef

If Radiohead/Thom Yorke hates it I probably like it more, and vice versa.

Pablo Honey. :chef

If Radiohead/Thom Yorke hates it I probably like it more, and vice versa.
That last sentence can't be bolded enough. He is probably cool but his tastes (as exhibited in his band's material) is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too out there for me. Yuck.

Oh yeah, I left out the other thing that ran through my head when I found out it was in the set, “F*ckin’ a I’m so sick of that f*cking song I don’t even want to spend time learning it and the thought that it might trip me up is all the more annoying as a result of that“ :rofl

Thankfully, it was far enough outside my normal playing style that once I learned it, it was like a new perspective on it and I just focused on not f*cking up more than I did the fact I was hearing the song for the 5,000,000,0000th time.

We did it a few times at shows in like 2005-6 or something---and it was fun until
you get to the booming outro and you suddenly realize don't have 5 busty
women behind you helping to belt out the Chorus! :rofl

That last sentence can't be bolded enough. He is probably cool but his tastes (as exhibited in his band's material) is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too out there for me. Yuck.

Yup.

They really had a massive impact on music in the 1990s..... and beyond,
but man oh man is some of it tough to digest.

Yup.

They really had a massive impact on music in the 1990s..... and beyond,
but man oh man is some of it tough to digest.
That sort of style (when they were doing stuff I could like) was very short lived for me. Like they had those first two albums, then I went over to like Spacehog for a song or 3 then my brain hopped over to Big Wreck and that was pretty much that. Not similar in sound so much as similar in the kind of level of rocking area that wasn't classic or metal that my brain would commit to.

Back