Somehow I played a gig with an FM3 and a class D solid state "FRFR"

Play. Have fun. Make money. Get people moving. Rinse. Repeat. :beer
Ultimately; this. Sitting around splitting hairs about some dumb fucking term for gear you don't like accomplishes nothing. Just use what the fuck you like and move on. It's fun for a laugh but belaboring it (and other dumb fucking TOP level terms AKA Amp where I'm at AKA STFU) for YEARS is just tiring

girl crying GIF

"Pffft, that lead player couldn't pick an impedance curve to save his life."
Whoa there...let's not get hasty! :cry: :ROFLMAO:
Let me first to ask… how was it? Did it still rock?
It took a bit to get my levels right. Balancing guitar sounds and synth sounds is always a tricky proposition. I dialed it in "perfect" by end of first set only to futz with it a the beginning of the second set :hmm:mad::ROFLMAO: Good to go overall though \m/
I did too... Two Yamaha DXR10's on the flight in the back.

View attachment 18820
Oh lordy that Ibby is just :chef:chef:chef

Ultimately; this. Sitting around splitting hairs about some dumb fucking term for gear you don't like accomplishes nothing. Just use what the fuck you like and move on. It's fun for a laugh but belaboring it (and other dumb fucking TOP level terms AKA Amp where I'm at AKA STFU) for YEARS is just tiring

girl crying GIF

Whoa there...let's not get hasty! :cry: :ROFLMAO:

It took a bit to get my levels right. Balancing guitar sounds and synth sounds is always a tricky proposition. I dialed it in "perfect" by end of first set only to futz with it a the beginning of the second set :hmm:mad::ROFLMAO: Good to go overall though \m/

Oh lordy that Ibby is just :chef:chef:chef
I understand perfectly where you're coming from. My pet peeve is guitarists who buy every single new trendy gear item and start blabbering about them, oh how good they are, every single time! If everything is good then nothing is good. Just play an amp in the room like it was meant to be played and stop it with your GASmanic extravagances. :grin :grin

Ice Cube Friday GIF

Sir, this is a gear forum.

:blanket
Good point! Although IMO there's a difference between NGD every day and in depth discussions about gear you own and have experienced for some time. Tips and tricks. Demos. Stuff like that. Still in the gear domain, I think. It was also a humorous post :grin
Do you know how many guitarists this would hinder from picking up the instrument at all?
Probably a lot, nowadays.

Probably a lot, nowadays.
I think we all agree the context of blasting a tube amp as the OG experience, whether we've been able to do it or not.

But, it's awesome you can get something like a NDSP plugin, helix plugin, etc and get high level sounds in any format/situation

I just ran the Stealth through the Suhr into the FM3 (OH GAWD HORRIFYING) through the FR12. Lord baby jesus it may be overkill and triggering af to some (and I get it) but fuck if this thing doesn't rip :love:satan:love
So you are running the line out of the Suhr into the FM3 for cabs and potential post effects and then out to the "FRFR"?

I love using the good sh*t any which way I want and no I don’t blame it when things go sideways. I wish it was the gear’s fault.

ThisIsMyShit

Not at all! I do the same with the III for the most part. Nice thing with III is you can do post/pre effects and cab sim all in one go 😀
I always run in post. I need real pedals up front (aka we all have our caveats) :cop:rofl

Back