Sold The Last 3 Of My Gibsons Yesterday

la szum

Goatlord
They someone else's now. Guy comes over to look at a PRS or two, and leaves
with 5 guitars including the Gibson Trifecta of an Les Paul, 335, and SG.

He is 28. Young buck on the up and up. Me? Not so much. :LOL:

Drove 100 miles to get here, was cool and cordial. We went back and forth
on price and bundles and I was like this dude came with a lot of cash! I think
he gave it all to me because he dove into more than one envelope.

The Gibsons I bought new, so they were well-loved one owner guitars. Just time
to move on in life to new adventures and greener pastures. The cool thing is how
well Gibsons hold their value. I'd dare say better than any other brand out there. :idk

Not sad. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet. Or maybe it is all just stuff and we can't even exit
this world with the clothes on our back.

Oh, and anyone want to buy a PRS. :LOL:

giphy.gif

Congrats, are their plans to whittle 'em down, in general - or are you planning on buying a metric s**t crap ton of new ones???!!!

Yeah, I somehow accumulated a grotesque amount of gear. When I was gigging it seemed reasonable, and
I had that as a complimentary source of income to use as a little Mad Money. But I am not doing that anymore
and I know I wont (apart from the odd one off here or there). So, a little "Mid-50s let's be honest with ourselves
here, Dave" evaluation and I decided to sell a bunch of the surplus and keep only a few essentials, which will
still likely be more than is reasonable. :LOL:

I also can safely assume I have about 15 to 25 years to live if I am lucky. So what do I want to do with that time? :idk

I decided I don't want to spend it looking at stuff, but out in the world having experiences. :beer

Wow, can't imagine having the spare cash for three Gibsons at 28! I was broke as hell.

I only have one Gibson right now, a LP Tribute, so nothing too fancy. I could easily move on from it and have thought about it many times. My PRS do everything the Gibson does better honestly.

Yeah, I somehow accumulated a grotesque amount of gear. When I was gigging it seemed reasonable, and
I had that as a complimentary source of income to use as a little Mad Money. But I am not doing that anymore
and I know I wont (apart from the odd one off here or there). So, a little "Mid-50s let's be honest with ourselves
here, Dave" evaluation and I decided to sell a bunch of the surplus and keep only a few essentials, which will
still likely be more than is reasonable. :LOL:

I also can safely assume I have about 15 to 25 years to live if I am lucky. So what do I want to do with that time? :idk

I decided I don't want to spend it looking at stuff, but out in the world having experiences. :beer
Outstanding, wise of you. Although I'm hoping we both have 30 to 40 years left :giggle:

Outstanding, wise of you. Although I'm hoping we both have 30 to 40 years left :giggle:

Man, Dave, I am not sure I can do 90, :LOL: .... and am not sold on life extension as the path to happiness
it is being hyped as. My business has involved a lot of property management, and that tends to
involve old people. Like, really old sometimes. I know a lady who lived to 103 and several others
into their 90s and they were not the bright little lights you see on the local news blowing out
candles on a cake and being cheered on. Nope. Most of them had lost all of their friends, had lost their
spouses, had children in their 70s or older (some who died!), and were lonely as fuck. I'd go do work
and tend to their property, and they would latch onto me and my presence like it was manna from Heaven.

I am cool with 80.... maybe 85 if I am not pissing my drawers all the time. :crazy

Also, my Stepfather is 81 and in Hospice right now. Seeing my poor Mom at 79 have to take care of
him alone in a big house, while he can do literally nothing, and waste away, has really put a lot of
very different and new thoughts in my head the past few months. I'll be going out there this afternoon
to cut their grass for them and check to see how they are doing.

It's deep, sure, but it's all cool, too. We all have the same destination in life. Literally! I don't want to be
the guy afraid to arrive there, or clinging to hang on one more day, or not being mature and acting my age.

Ok fuck that! I want to stay young forever and never lose the joy and innocence of youth. Maybe someone
will be kind enough to help me find it again. :LOL:

Back