Sold The Last 3 Of My Gibsons Yesterday

Give or take a few...guitars, or dozen? :)

What do you plan on keeping?

Honestly, just enough to have fun.... which shouldn't be much. I have never had more fun
because I had more or better ($$$) gear. I had fun when I was young and playing crap
gear and was thrilled to play it. I feel like I need to remember that.

I wanted to play music for the joy and consolation it brings. I never started to play to become
an hoarder or collector. :idk

Man, Dave, I am not sure I can do 90, :LOL: .... and am not sold on life extension as the path to happiness
it is being hyped as. My business has involved a lot of property management, and that tends to
involve old people. Like, really old sometimes. I know a lady who lived to 103 and several others
into their 90s and they were not the bright little lights you see on the local news blowing out
candles on a cake and being cheered on. Nope. Most of them had lost all of their friends, had lost their
spouses, had children in their 70s or older (some who died!), and were lonely as f**k. I'd go do work
and tend to their property, and they would latch onto me and my presence like it was manna from Heaven.

I am cool with 80.... maybe 85 if I am not pissing my drawers all the time. :crazy

Also, my Stepfather is 81 and in Hospice right now. Seeing my poor Mom at 79 have to take care of
him alone in a big house, while he can do literally nothing, and waste away, has really put a lot of
very different and new thoughts in my head the past few months. I'll be going out there this afternoon
to cut their grass for them and check to see how they are doing.

It's deep, sure, but it's all cool, too. We all have the same destination in life. Literally! I don't want to be
the guy afraid to arrive there, or clinging to hang on one more day, or not being mature and acting my age.

Ok f**k that! I want to stay young forever and never lose the joy and innocence of youth. Maybe someone
will be kind enough to help me find it again. :LOL:
I completely understand, my mom is 91 (or 92, I get cornfused) and has been alone for about 20 years. Hasn't made her a happier person, that's for sure. But I've been around enough suffering old people, and I think it's best that I don't think about that too much before I get depressed!

80-85 sounds good enough, too. I'm already fed up with enough of the world, as is, gawd forbid how I'm going to feel about it then.

Since I've gotten my Sabre, and found I can't stand to play any of my other guitars for more than a few minutes - I'm thinking of trading/selling a mess of my "other 10", and maybe the banjo I strongly suspect I'll never try to play again. Even if it kinda looks like it belongs here in the southern mountains. I can see the Sabre, a Majesty and a Luke IV when they come out in a few months - and maybe keep the Vox, idk yet. Don't need a bunch of 'em. A lot of it was me figuring out what works for me, of course. Probably somewhat the same for all of us. I have short ass fingers, I can't even pick my own nose and this Saber neck fits so damn well.

Dang! You have some great genes. :beer

Blessings to your Mom. I can only imagine how hard it can be based on my second hand knowledge.

That's cool you like the Sabre so much. Even if it is ruining other guitars for you. :LOL:

2 of the Gibsons were my most heavily gigged guitars, and I feel like I got my mileage out of them.
They paid for themselves, so the money I received is a bit of a bonus, if you ask me.

I just need to stop looking at "stuff." It's a rotten habit. :crazy

JFC. :(

Literally received this an hour ago from one of my property management clients.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 16-51-25 stuff - lonesomerust@gmail.com - Gmail.png

Back