So, someone has to post it here...Jackson American Series

Are the MJ Series cheaper or more expensive?
Right around the same price. An MJ SL2 is about $100 more. I don't know where they're going with these, although from the long-form video they did it looks like they got a USA that cheap by using automation and very limited options:

So I expect they're actually going after a bigger market, hence HSS and larger production numbers. The campaign is kinda stupid if that's the goal, though.

Right around the same price. An MJ SL2 is about $100 more. I don't know where they're going with these, although from the long-form video they did it looks like they got a USA that cheap by using automation and very limited options:

So I expect they're actually going after a bigger market, hence HSS and larger production numbers. The campaign is kinda stupid if that's the goal, though.

That's Real strange. I'm not sure where these are supposed to sit in the range.

The MJ has better hardware, better specs and is Japanese made, so, you know..

Why would anyone buy a lower specc'd guitar at the same price.

That's Real strange. I'm not sure where these are supposed to sit in the range.

The MJ has better hardware, better specs and is Japanese made, so, you know..

Why would anyone buy a lower specc'd guitar at the same price.
USA. Plus, "lower spec'd" pretty much only applies to the trem - and the Soloists are apparently leaving the line, or at least the unbound white one is the only one they're showing on the site.

USA. Plus, "lower spec'd" pretty much only applies to the trem - and the Soloists are apparently leaving the line, or at least the unbound white one is the only one they're showing on the site.

Theres no binding on the black American Series either.

Which line? The Full fat USA?

That's a shame. Its THE iconic Jackson guitar.

That being said, I'm an ESP guy in that particular rivalry, but still.. the Soloist is a legend.

Theres no binding on the black American Series either.

Which line? The Full fat USA?

That's a shame. Its THE iconic Jackson guitar.

That being said, I'm an ESP guy in that particular rivalry, but still.. the Soloist is a legend.
No, the MJ Soloist. The USA Select never leaves, it's the biggest seller.

No, the MJ Soloist. The USA Select never leaves, it's the biggest seller.

Ah right, I asked because There is no USA select Soloist on the site right now, and I see both versions of the MJ, black and white.

That could Be regional I guess? I'm in the UK.

Ah right, I asked because There is no USA select Soloist on the site right now, and I see both versions of the MJ, black and white.

That could Be regional I guess? I'm in the UK.
Yeah, they're both on the site, I'm an idiot. :LOL:

It looks like we're going back to the early '90s, where if you wanted a 2H Soloist you could import one from Japan or go to the Custom Shop.

Yeah, they're both on the site, I'm an idiot. :LOL:

It looks like we're going back to the early '90s, where if you wanted a 2H Soloist you could import one from Japan or go to the Custom Shop.

Ah yeah, the Original "pro" series. Also there was Jackson Stars or something. I don't think those had ebony boards (could be wrong), but the MJ ones look like they're spec for spec to the USA select.

Its weird though, there's still a USA Kelly and a couple others.

Comparing specs to the CS guitar and this one, I’m not seeing anything I’d want to pay another 1900 bucks for.
1 piece quartersawn neck?
“Better” trem?
Hard case?

Spec wise this guitar already comes in at a good value. I’ll also argue the locking tuners are better. They shouldn’t matter on a Floyd but in my experience they do.

Been looking thru the literature on these.

I'm seeing a lot of references to "built in America", not so many references to "made in America" and no references to "USA".

Which are all important distinctions.

What's the chances fully or evenly partly finished components are being produced in Mexico before being finished/assembled in Corona?

Because that would technically not contravene "built in America" vs "Made in the USA".

Either that or they had some serious production automation ready to go when they laid off all those workers a while back.

Been looking thru the literature on these.

I'm seeing a lot of references to "built in America", not so many references to "made in America" and no references to "USA".

Which are all important distinctions.

What's the chances fully or evenly partly finished components are being produced in Mexico before being finished/assembled in Corona?

Because that would technically not contravene "built in America" vs "Made in the USA".

Either that or they had some serious production automation ready to go when they laid off all those workers a while back.
I’d really be shocked if any of this guitar is made in Mexico, aside from maybe components. If they’re shaping necks and bodies there and final assembly is here, I’m still good with a “Made in USA” distinction.

What in the hell American isn’t from somewhere else, anyway? To quote one of my favorite guitarists:

It's a French kiss
Italian ice
Margaritas in the moonlight
It's just another American
Just another American
And it's just another American Saturday night

I’d really be shocked if any of this guitar is made in Mexico, aside from maybe components. If they’re shaping necks and bodies there and final assembly is here, I’m still good with a “Made in USA” distinction.

What in the hell American isn’t from somewhere else, anyway? To quote one of my favorite guitarists:

It's a French kiss
Italian ice
Margaritas in the moonlight
It's just another American
Just another American
And it's just another American Saturday night
I could be wrong, but I believe theres a minimum percentage of production that has to take place inside the States to have "made in the USA".

Which is why I'm suspicious of these because they appear to be described as "built in America".

Like Swiss watches. A certain amount of production of parts from raw materials has to happen inside of Switzerland to have the "Swiss Made" Moniker

I could be wrong, but I believe theres a minimum percentage of production that has to take place inside the States to have "made in the USA".

Which is why I'm suspicious of these because they appear to be described as "built in America".

Like Swiss watches. A certain amount of production of parts from raw materials has to happen inside of Switzerland to have the "Swiss Made" Moniker
I’m sure you’re legally right. Morally and as a consumer, like I said I’m not bothered if they’re just doing final fit, assembly and finish here. I’m going to also bet FMIC has their ducks in a row on this too.

Back