So Jet City merged with VoodooLab?

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
This is interesting.

C0D55D0A-0F3B-4B62-B2B0-E33C4ECCB352.png

I always wanted to try one of their heads but the initial (at least?) old style fx loops and availability to try them for me always put me off. Then they started making a bunch of 20 watt amps and well, that's that. Interested to see what happens as I do like their vibe as a company and I have always dug Voodoo Labs.

I always wanted to try one of their heads but the initial (at least?) old style fx loops and availability to try them for me always put me off. Then they started making a bunch of 20 watt amps and well, that's that. Interested to see what happens as I do like their vibe as a company and I have always dug Voodoo Labs.
I wonder if I can get one of these on the cheap, since my shop's a VL dealer too. It says their loop is now buffered and pedal-friendly. This is sexy:

img-7541__27705.1640703200.jpg

Yeah, I’m interested in that JCA 800 as well. Can’t seem to find much about it on YouTube yet. Anyway, I got messaged that Doug shipped my amp back to me with the Brown mod. Showing a Saturday delivery so hopefully I’ll have it this weekend. Very excited to hear it…

I’ve never seen a Jet City in person but have wanted to try one. Didn’t Soldano lend a hand to these initially?

And VL is a great company, never really hear about their products taking a dump, my GCPro has survived years of gigging in New England winters, booze being dropped on it (mostly by me) and having amps or random gear falling on it over the years, I know I changed one or two foot switches on it back in the day, but I think that was mostly due to the amount of salt/dirt on my feet from carrying gear into venues and gigging during those winter months.

Yeah I always thought the Jet City stuff was import Soldano designs? I only tried them a few times and didn't love it, but it was music store volumes.

Voodoo Lab makes good stuff. I have their Pedal Power X8 which is good quality for the money. Really good pedals too.

Yeah, the original JCA amps were basically import builds of Soldano Hot Rod Series, amps, AFAIK. The 20's were slightly different as there was no corresponding 20W in the original Soldano line. Mike had done the HR25 as a 25th anniversary celebration; but it was a 6L6 amp so I presume either the EL84 power section was specific to those amps or was contributed from another source.

The 20W (JCA20H) later had a two channel version (Called the 'Custom 22' JCA22H); that included a clean channel... this was supposedly 'revoiced' by Martin Kidd (of Cornford and now Victory fame). I dunno what that meant exactly. That version was significantly more rare on the used market. As presumably the original had sold like hotcakes.

The JCA stuff has always been sorely tempting for value. Thankfully, the logo was so bad I was able to resist. If they had looked like SLOs or something, I am not sure I would have been able to hold off.

Yeah I always thought the Jet City stuff was import Soldano designs? I only tried them a few times and didn't love it, but it was music store volumes.

Voodoo Lab makes good stuff. I have their Pedal Power X8 which is good quality for the money. Really good pedals too.
I’ve never played one I liked. Also that logo looks like a 9 year old made it in Microsoft Word.

Everyone says Doug is a super nice guy and he probably is, but I think his amps sound “meh” at best in person.

I thought about trying the 800 but would probably just spend a few bucks more and grab a Ceriatone.

Interesting they merged with VL.

Back