So... does 48v/PP melt the XLR outs of the Helix or not?

That still doesn't seem to specify if the R is actually wired in.

TRS CAN carry phantom, we used to use it for 1/4" TRS patchbays for some studios that couldn't afford TT bays

If you apply 48v to the XLR outs, you'll immediately hear if it's one of the older ones.

back-to-the-future-kyle.gif

That still doesn't seem to specify if the R is actually wired in.

TRS CAN carry phantom, we used to use it for 1/4" TRS patchbays for some studios that couldn't afford TT bays
Points 1 & 3 in the manual clear that up.

Of course TRS can carry phantom, I mentioned exactly that in an earlier reply. But it's limited to custom gear or special circumstances.
But that isn't the case with the scarlett based on their manual.

I want to make sure there aren't a few things getting crossed, TRS should work fine for recording to a Focusrite, but not really needed, just use the X:LR...

Other posts were suggesting a TRS to xlr for live...that can still carry phantom

One thing I can report is the Helix XLR to Scarlett XLR is stellar. Even with PP on. I just tried it yesterday after so many comments of "Nothing will happen - bad sound at the least". Not even the bad sound happened (But as Digital Igloo said newer units shouldn't have it).

So Focusrite was super nice, but should add to their info "If the device has settings for MIC", then the level is absolutely alright.

Other posts were suggesting a TRS to xlr for live...that can still carry phantom
Who was suggesting a TRS to XLR for live? I suggested only XLR female (from Helix) to 1/4" TRS (scarlett input, or any other trs input). That's it. Zero phantom in the equation. Zero. Personally I would still go that route but glad @BahamaDada is making it work since phantom isn't an issue and he's ok with the mic input.

Back