Saw Post Malone in Tampa Last Night

I'm more of a pre-Malone guy myself...
Emily Blunt Lol GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

Good on you Byrd, for taking the wife to the show. It's always a good idea to treat the better half right in these situations. My wife and I certainly have some differences in musical tastes but we both love the OGs in rap and she is great about taking me to power metal concerts that 14yo me shit his pants on 35 years ago :love We have a pretty good track record over the years :chef

I saw the Spice Girls with my ex, though I’m not so sure she was happy she took me once I started doing death metal screams while the 35-year old moms with their 6 year old daughters stared in horror. :rofl The band and production were fucking great, though! And they were actually singing onstage.

I’m not sure I’ve even heard a Post Malone song before, but I feel like I’d get along with him just from what I’ve seen on the internet. I’ve often thought about actually developing all the trip hop shit I work on and never do anything with, I’ll call myself Scrote Bemoan.

Seen the Pumpkins four times. Always good. I saw them at the “reunion” tour a couple years back and they were really strong. So much so I walked out and thought that will be the last time I will see them, just to go out having seen them at something vaguely resembling their early peak.
I saw them in 2012 in San Francisco when I was on vacation there. Just saw they were playing and got tickets on a whim. Was a good gig.

Though it was kinda funny when Corgan said something like "What other band plays their latest album all the way through live?" This was right around when Oceania came out and while it's not a bad album...I think most people were there for the older songs.

I saw them in 2012 in San Francisco when I was on vacation there. Just saw they were playing and got tickets on a whim. Was a good gig.

Though it was kinda funny when Corgan said something like "What other band plays their latest album all the way through live?" This was right around when Oceania came out and while it's not a bad album...I think most people were there for the older songs.

Oceania is really the only album they’ve released since they originally broke up in 2000 that is semi-worthy of being included alongside the original catalog. (Personally I consider the Zwan album as the unofficial 6th Pumpkin album, and Oceania the 7th, everything else never happened lol)

It’s only until recently that Corgan seems relatively at peace with the fact that everyone comes to see them for their old stuff (1990-2000) and that nothing they release now is ever going to resonate with people the same way as the stuff from their peak.

Oceania is really the only album they’ve released since they originally broke up in 2000 that is semi-worthy of being included alongside the original catalog. (Personally I consider the Zwan album as the unofficial 6th Pumpkin album, and Oceania the 7th, everything else never happened lol)

It’s only until recently that Corgan seems relatively at peace with the fact that everyone comes to see them for their old stuff (1990-2000) and that nothing they release now is ever going to resonate with people the same way as the stuff from their peak.
I actually just saw them last night. Awesome, awesome show. I made a post in this forum with a few clips if you’re interested.

Back