Rock out with your c*ck out...Cover band folks, how big is it?

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Get your mind out of the gutter! I am talking about your song list. I whipped out my spreadsheet today that I have tried my hardest to keep updated through the years and it's about 400 songs deep. I am guessing it's probably closer to 450 or so because I didn't start tracking til I was about 5 years in to playing covers. It sounds big but I know a few folks that know at least double that number.

Granted there's probably almost half that I'd have to break some serious rust off to perform them.

6d0c2a2a-7054-48f9-b822-3e82f324934c_text.gif

:wheresthepics

I mean.... worthless without sharing your SpreadShit. We want to see these titles :geek:

I have an incomplete list somewhere. I will share it when I update it

Last edited:
Probably 60 in my current band. I'd say 100, 120 if I count the other 2 cover turds I was in?

Probably 60 in my current band. I'd say 100, 120 if I count the other 2 cover turds I was in?

TBH I'd say there's over 100 I have never played in a band. I was on a " 1 song a day " kick for about 3 or 4 months at one point. My long term goal was to do a karaoke band because I had a few friends that were making bank doing that.

My first band in the mid 90's had over 200 original songs to choose from live. I know, I know... not cover tunes.
We did a few parody songs though? And to be honest I've forgotten half of them, and unfortunately we didn't record everything which was stupid. I do know quite a few covers though -- I could fake through 3 sets. :grin

2 Mustang sally and Freebird
Is this like a penance type of thing?
Oh holy grail guru
I ask your forgiveness

To gain forgiveness my son
You must sing
2 Mustang Sally’s
And 1 Freebird

Now go with the guru’s grace 🤪

1695203647807.gif

Back