Recommendations for file sharing service between bandmates?

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Looking for a better option to share DAW projects etc. between bandmates.

Currently have a Dropbox account which leaves a lot to be desired.

Not overly interested in a Google product or anything along those lines of “free” but for a price services.

TIA

Are you and your bandmates all in the Apple ecosystem? If so, iCloud has been relatively painless for sharing files with a buddy I work with from time to time.

If chat gpt doesn't code it, these dudes don't know.

How you supposed to fix it, when you don't know 'sup?
Also, doesn't have to be left up all the time....just when needed.

Send text, hey dude need that file.....fire it up.....done......shut it down. Boom. Or if you're real savvy leave it up and smile.

I don't see the issue at all....and I'm not like really ancient. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also......living in terminal is powerful.

Bandlab sharing I have not tried but always wondered about. Last collab I did which feels like eons ago by now was a google drive share. Worked great for us. There are all sorts of technology traps that your group can fall into (not the least of which being the old "can you download for me I'm not good with computers") thing which is an instant :facepalm

box.com isn't too bad; plenty of online services available. Probably easier to recommend if dealbreakers were known?

SyncThing might work for you.

Basically you create a folder on your computer, share access to it and then just start putting files in there and they get downloaded to your bandmates' computers as long as they have SyncThing running.
Yeah, this or Resilio Sync.

SyncThing might work for you.

Basically you create a folder on your computer, share access to it and then just start putting files in there and they get downloaded to your bandmates' computers as long as they have SyncThing running.
I have a Syncthing server set up. It’s been a while since I’ve turned it on so this may be old info but I had permission issues pop up with the sharing from time to time. Just random issues where it would stop working.

Considered going the SFTP route, and went so far as to buy a domain name, but haven't gotten any further yet. #slacker

Back