Reaper Help!

littlebadboy

Roadie
Hello! I am trying out Reaper coming from another DAW. I am trying to make my first project but I am stuck on how to use Eurobass II and EZDrummer in it.

I have made a midi track, but I can't seem to make Eurobass play it. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Did you put the VSTi on the track that has the midi file on it? Maybe a difference between where the two daw's think C1 is (its a common issue)?

If its still not playing, please post the *.rpp project file and I'll have a look

Did you put the VSTi on the track that has the midi file on it? Maybe a difference between where the two daw's think C1 is (its a common issue)?

If its still not playing, please post the *.rpp project file and I'll have a look
Thanks! I sent you a message. I am not sure which to send.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, especially to @pipelineaudio ! I found out something interesting. I got it working if I use my MIDI keyboard to write the notes for Eurobass to read and play them, but not the MIDI pen thing. Although the keyboards approach works, but there are times I may just want to use the pen to write a MIDI track. Any ideas?
Midi track channels need to match the channels of the synth, maybe that's the issue?
I will look into that too.

I got it working if I use my MIDI keyboard to write the notes for Eurobass to read and play them, but not the MIDI pen thing.

That really sounds like the "pen" is writing on a different channel than the synth is receiving. When you say "pen" do you mean input via mouse or maybe a stylus? Are you drawing it on a grid or onto the musical notation screen?

When you right click on a note in a grid created using your keyboard, there is a menu options for "Note Channel", check to see what the value is.

If you are using the notation view, right click on a note and choose "Event Properties" and in the pop up there is a box with the Channel. This should match the channel of the notes created using your keyboard.

That really sounds like the "pen" is writing on a different channel than the synth is receiving. When you say "pen" do you mean input via mouse or maybe a stylus? Are you drawing it on a grid or onto the musical notation screen?

When you right click on a note in a grid created using your keyboard, there is a menu options for "Note Channel", check to see what the value is.

If you are using the notation view, right click on a note and choose "Event Properties" and in the pop up there is a box with the Channel. This should match the channel of the notes created using your keyboard.
I meant the input using the mouse, sir. I will look into that. I will match whatever parameters the keyboard uses. Thanks!

Back