Reactive Load Box?

Bumping this thread, as I'm looking for something for making captures with the QC. I don't really need any extra features, I don't think, just a load box for capture creating.

Two Notes is least expensive and easiest to get option here in Canada, it seems.

Not sure about availability or pricing but Fryette.
I found an older version (non-IR loading) for a good price on the Verb a while back.

_3_Power_Load_Left_93868-1521745645-1280-1280_820017-607fbf92aa84801f44316daed6e825ec.jpg

Bumping this thread, as I'm looking for something for making captures with the QC. I don't really need any extra features, I don't think, just a load box for capture creating.

Two Notes is least expensive and easiest to get option here in Canada, it seems.
Have a look here at the 2nd page. We kinda got a good representation of the popular loadboxes going around.

Guess stay away from the Driftwood and the Two Notes.

I have a Suhr Reactive Load IR and a DIY loadbox jobby that a friend made for me. I notice the DIY one rolls off the highs quite a bit. I don't know anything about the circuit used. I might measure it today actually, as a comparison.

Apparently I don't need one, as I can use the Slave Out on my Mesa head (while it's also connected to the cab) to make a QC capture.

Apparently I don't need one, as I can use the Slave Out on my Mesa head (while it's also connected to the cab) to make a QC capture.
Won't it just capture the preamp, in essence bypassing the output transformer and power tubes? Imho that's where a LOT of the magic is

I have a Captor X and I really do enjoy the DynIRs and the Remote App.
I lack the will to browse through hundreds of slightly different IRs to get lucky.
Being able to tweak the IR in the Remote App is great and pu-retty intuitive.
Moving and mixing the mics is a bit weird, because they are fixed phase, which messes with my head. But otherwise they behave pretty predictably, and swapping an M160 for a 57 gives mostly plausible results.
The Two Notes factory presets are phasey and weird, and more for guys playing gloriously at home alone.
Michael Nielsens BHG DynIRs are Big, Hairy and Guitar, and I ended up adding the Suhr open back cab IRs for more Fendery stuff. They are all great and work in context.

I've gigged with a tube head going direct via the Captor X and recorded with it and it's always been happy faces.
Still I prefer putting up mics on cabs, whenever possible.
I mean, I have cabs and speakers and mics I like.
Finding great IRs with these exact combinations is unlikely, and I have not yet gotten around to engineer IRs with my gear that works well with my instance of a loadbox...

That's a bougee scale choice.
It weights approximately 7 flacons of Chanel no 5.
It has some mass.

There's a sizable finned aluminum heatsink under the power resistors & the resonance inductor that's difficult to see in the other images I posted.

O3rggxc.jpg

Back