Quick shootout of different modelers in a mix!

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Same DI clip for everything, but do I swap the Kemper profile for an IR or keep stock?
You want to keep things as standardized as possible so id say yes to same IR for all the tests

You can't make any comparisons unfortunately because then the sound difference could be a variety of variables....do the devices truly sound different, or is it the cabs, or is it the different guitars? Where is the difference truly coming from? By keeping everything but the unit the same, the differences heard or not heard should solely be due to the unit

Last edited:
I like the Bonus 3 lead sound the most because it fits the music best. Flute like with a lot of sustain, reduced transients and melting with the reverb. Great stuff.

Really interesting, you did not like the Fractal at all!
More accurately, I didn't like the guitar sounds in the clips you did with the Axe-Fx. There is a huge difference. I've never had any difficulty dialing in sounds I like on either generation Axe-Fx I've owned, and neither of them had the sonic properties that I found objectionable in your clips.

I preferred the tones of 1 and 3, primarily because of the clarity, and the sound of the lead guitar.

I didn’t like 2 at all, which is surprising, as I have a Kemper.

However, I tweak my Kemper for the tones that I like, which is NOT a mid-forward sound. I like very sparkly cleans.

Back