Pssst... you... yeah, you there with the wah fetish

RE: Switchless wahs. Can you accurately do the parked wah thing???
No. Unless you park your foot. And you can't park your foot too close to the heel position or it will deactivate the sensor, which could be annoying. This is where the boost control comes in handy to match gain level from dry to wah effect.

It is, however, a use case where the non-switchless Morleys are great - because the footswitch is off to the side, you can park the wah and not have to move it to turn the effect on and off once you've found the right position.

It took me a minute to get used to it, but I do like it. I have the 20/20 version. The boost is a nice touch as well as the contour control.
The only negative I can think is you can't leave it in a fixed position without your foot -- but you know that going in to purchase.
I've had all the Horsies and the Maverick. And the Tremonti. Tremonti looks ugh (despite me loving Boogie treadplate) but it's probably my favorite? The II is the BRIGHTEST WAH EVAR. The I is too dark. The Maverick is great if you need the space savings.

It is, however, a use case where the non-switchless Morleys are great - because the footswitch is off to the side, you can park the wah and not have to move it to turn the effect on and off once you've found the right position.
That is how my Wahzoo works. Pros and cons I guess.

Have you ever tried the Plutonium Chiwah(?)? That little reverse wah guy? Always wanted to.

What do they sound like if you put a board across them all?

(Sorry. Not sorry).

I am currently Wah-less* having outed the monstrously over-sized Boss V-Wah some years ago.

*Excluding multi-FX thingies which don't really count.

• Hmm
Reactions: JT
What do they sound like if you put a board across them all?

(Sorry. Not sorry).

I am currently Wah-less* having outed the monstrously over-sized Boss V-Wah some years ago.

*Excluding multi-FX thingies which don't really count.
I always wondered about that one too. As well as that Ibanez wah Frusciante is known for using.

Simple tip if your wah sounds too bright or too dark:

The sweep of the treadle is really only around half of the pot's range. Pull the teeth away from the pot, turn the pot an 1/8th of a turn, replace the teeth. Now you've activated a different range of the pot and should hear the tonal difference. If not, rinse and repeat.

To paraphrase Gandhi, I think it'd be a nice idea.

Never used one. My first ever wah was a Morley Classic, which I got in 2002 and probably sold in 2004 or thereabouts. At the time I was using a Vintage brand SG and this: An amp so bad that even though I was into REM at the time I played it gain 10, bass 10, low mid 0, high mid 0, and treble 10.

Carlsbro%20GLX100%201_7219_1.jpg

Cited for incomplete and partial Wah fetishism. :hmm

:rofl

Wait, I just checked, there's a bunch of tiny ones in Helix Native. I'll submit those if the Council of Wah requires it.

Which do you prefer, and why is the Vox?
For fuck's sake I think it is the Vox :LOL:

But it is the noisiest of the lot... Powered on it's own supply in front of my board, it's got a constant background hum. on my board, after my input buffer and on a daisy chain from my Cioks DC7 the hum goes but there's buzz that gets quite loud toe down. Any ideas?

For fuck's sake I think it is the Vox :LOL:

But it is the noisiest of the lot... Powered on it's own supply in front of my board, it's got a constant background hum. on my board, after my input buffer and on a daisy chain from my Cioks DC7 the hum goes but there's buzz that gets quite loud toe down. Any ideas?
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Back