Prs SE 594 and DGT

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Pretty pumped to see SE versions of these.

I'm excited about ALL of these, especially the SE McCartys. I think I may actually like the standards more than the, um, "non" standards.

I'm guessing they have taken the place of the 245's, since I don't see them on the website anymore?

These look awesome! I'd love for them to do an SE of the standard McCarty, though.
I guess the closest thing is 'Paul's Guitar'?

I love the fixed bridge and single volume and tone controls on the standard. Not super into the 594s, as I like the sound of the 25" scale.

These look awesome! I'd love for them to do an SE of the standard McCarty, though.
I guess the closest thing is 'Paul's Guitar'?

I love the fixed bridge and single volume and tone controls on the standard. Not super into the 594s, as I like the sound of the 25" scale.
Yeah, the Paul's Guitar is probably closest, both in terms of config and neck shape. It's a really good guitar.

:rollsafeBut PRS is from MD, and I'm from MD, so you can assume I might know s**t? Right? Maybe anyway tehehehe

Here's to your mileage getting better bro! :nails
Do you work for PRS? That's awesome if you do. I love PRS stuff, it's just that lately A. their Core stuff has gotten exceedingly expensive B. they can't seem to ship even S2 stuff faster than two years these days, and C. yet they show off all the Private Stocks they do. Kind of annoying, tbh.

:rollsafeBut PRS is from MD, and I'm from MD, so you can assume I might know s**t? Right? Maybe anyway tehehehe

Here's to your mileage getting better bro! :nails
All us Marylanders know someone who works at PRS, it seems. I'm on the shore, and 3 of my buds have worked/work there.

I do not, I've toured the factory and I met him at a store north of Atlanta though, lol! I applied for a software role once but they didn't pay enough. Funny how that works.

I agree, and I'll probably ruffle feathers, as I've heard that the PS program is what kept them from deep deep financial troubles in the 2008-ish downturn - but that program has definitely hurt the core line. Just look back at the tops that used to be available vs now. And yeah, core prices are nucking futs now, glad I got my 2 Wood Libraries early on in the pandemic, and I got discounts.

I do hope your new DW comes on time!

Last edited:
All us Marylanders know someone who works at PRS, it seems. I'm on the shore, and 3 of my buds have worked/work there.
I lived outside of Centreville, from 2016-18 before we moved down to GA. Howdy former neighbor! Going to have to talk to you about Majesties sometime. I'm gassing bad and initially wanted a JP15 or Majesty, then a Holcomb 6, then an Ibanez Prestige S (to right a trading wrong) and now I don't know what I want, especially with the new hardtail PRS DW CE! Which probably means I should wait and let it percolate a bit, right?

I lived outside of Centreville, from 2016-18 before we moved down to GA. Howdy former neighbor! Going to have to talk to you about Majesties sometime. I'm gassing bad and initially wanted a JP15 or Majesty, then a Holcomb 6, then an Ibanez Prestige S (to right a trading wrong) and now I don't know what I want, especially with the new hardtail PRS DW CE! Which probably means I should wait and let it percolate a bit, right?
Cool! I love the shore, especially where I am in Talbot. I'm in the woods.

It's interesting that there are two great guitar brands located here- Knaggs & PRS.

Even with my minor complaints about the Majesty (gloss finish is a bit sticky to my hands, (I did buy the sandpaper @la szum) but that's not on all variants of course.., and those center-the-string-yourself saddles), I freaking love it! My playing has grown by a large amount, partly because of this guitar (and the Axe III), and even though I have limited experience playing lots of other brands, I can't see myself gassing for a different guitar for a long time. The harmonic content of the PU's is one of my favorite aspects of its sound too.

Cool! I love the shore, especially where I am in Talbot. I'm in the woods.

It's interesting that there are two great guitar brands located here- Knaggs & PRS.

Even with my minor complaints about the Majesty (gloss finish is a bit sticky to my hands, (I did buy the sandpaper @la szum) but that's not on all variants of course.., and those center-the-string-yourself saddles), I freaking love it! My playing has grown by a large amount, partly because of this guitar (and the Axe III), and even though I have limited experience playing lots of other brands, I can't see myself gassing for a different guitar for a long time. The harmonic content of the PU's is one of my favorite aspects of its sound too.
Very nice, Easton was one of the places we frequented and if you have your own little sanctuary, all the better! My wife is from QA County, I'm from Washington County. Family aging may make us return, but I do love living on a mountain here in GA.

Pretty glowing endorsement on the Majesty, I do greatly appreciate your thoughts! I've of course read about electronics issues, blah blah, though not with the newest model. Always take negatives with a grain of salt when they are obviously selling pretty damn vigorously! My playing needs to keep growing too, tried to play a few times over the years (late 80's, late 90's, early 2000's) but didn't finally stick with it until the past 3.5 years. Playing an hour or more a day consistently. It's a bitch learning in your mid-50's but I'm making the best of it. Now I'm getting somewhere, just don't know where that is yet!

I do not, I've toured the factory and I met him at a store north of Atlanta though, lol! I applied for a software role once but they didn't pay enough. Funny how that works.

I agree, and I'll probably ruffle feathers, as I've heard that the PS program is what kept them from deep deep financial troubles in the 2008-ish downturn - but that program has definitely hurt the core line. Just look back at the tops that used to be available vs now. And yeah, core prices are nucking futs now, glad I got my 2 Wood Libraries early on in the pandemic, and I got discounts.

I do hope your new DW comes on time!
Makes sense about keeping them afloat, I suppose. Though we've been told the SE line has had a massive impact, probably moreso. Who knows. It's just a drag when you've got S2's and CE24's on order for years, and yet they're popping up on FB, posting yet another sweet PS. Yeah guys, we get it. PS makes you a ton of cash.

Very nice, Easton was one of the places we frequented and if you have your own little sanctuary, all the better! My wife is from QA County, I'm from Washington County. Family aging may make us return, but I do love living on a mountain here in GA.
Nice! I love the mountains! Rather go there than the beach.
Playing an hour or more a day consistently. It's a b*tch learning in your mid-50's but I'm making the best of it.
Yep. That's what it takes, cuz the gains come a lot slower at our age! (Pushing 60. Yuk)

Back