Powercab 112 - yay or nay?

Well, made a lowball offer to the guy selling the PC 112, thinking he'd never accepted... and he did indeed. Apparently it's still a deal on his end, as no online selling fees will be involved.

Looking forward to try this one! I'll report back ASAP.

Well, made a lowball offer to the guy selling the PC 112, thinking he'd never accepted... and he did indeed. Apparently it's still a deal on his end, as no online selling fees will be involved.

Looking forward to try this one! I'll report back ASAP.
Still waiting for my pair, looks like early next week for me

stare-angry.gif

Last edited:
FR FR is incredibly hard to find anything that sounds like a half decent tube combo. In short the only ones that work for me are either high end monitors or F12 X200 equipped cabs and a good power amp. The solutions marketed at modellers mostly sound like nasty transistor combo amps of the past. Make your Axe3 sound like a PV viper or a Marshall MG10 no thanks .

So I called Long and McWait for an update for my PC's last week it was ohh the truck broke down this week the excuse is
oh the truckers quit hahahahah, so the other store that that one of the PC's is coming from is only 195 Km Away so its not coming from China or the moon
have to say they have a really bad business model so now going on 3 weeks

Last edited:
So I called Long and McWait for an update for my PC's last week it was ohh the truck broke down this week the excuse is
oh the truckers quit so the other store that that one of the PC's is coming from is only 195 Km Away so its not coming from China or the moon
have to say they have a really bad business model so now going on 3 weeks
The universe is telling you something :bag

its not a "FRFR" its woden box with a speaker and a Built in amp :guiness

LOL - I know. Had them for quite awhile when they first came out. Played numerous gigs, etc.

Short version is they are better than "FRFR" designs using IRs because they disable the tweeter for their speaker modeling and then use software to imprint the sound of the different drivers. Part of it is the closed back design but they didn't scratch the itch for "amp in the room" type of sound as well as using a real guitar cab. I even preferred using the Katana as a powered speaker over the PC112+.
Try using the PC+ in LF Flat mode with your own IRs or Helix cabs - works really well.

Picked up the Powercab 112 today. The thing needed some thorough cleaning with a damp cloth, but it was in otherwise great condition.

PXL_20221127_144603871.jpg

Been playing with it mostly in "FRFR" (flat) mode so far, but it does sound very good, and plenty loud for its size. In particular, i can get totally convincing "real cab" tones if if pair it with Helix 1x12" cab sims. The US Deluxe (12″ Fender Deluxe Oxford) and Cali IV (12" Mesa Mk IV) sound heavenly through this thing. Totally scratches the amp-in-the-room itch for me.

All in all, i'm really happy with it; this is is a great sounding, and really well built, "FRFR". I don't know if i would've pulled the trigger at list price, but at ~230 CHF i feel i've got a great deal.

Last edited:
Picked up the Powercab 112 today. The thing needed some thorough cleaning with a damp cloth, but it was in otherwise great condition.

View attachment 2802

Been playing with it mostly in "FRFR" (flat) mode so far, but it does sound very good, and plenty loud for its size. In particular, i can get totally convincing "real cab" tones if if pair it with Helix 1x12" cab sims. The US Deluxe (12″ Fender Deluxe Oxford) and Cali IV (12" Mesa Mk IV) sound heavenly through this thing. Totally scratches the amp-in-the-room itch for me.

All in all, i'm really happy with it; this is is a great sounding, and really well built, "FRFR". I don't know if i would've pulled the trigger at list price, but at ~230 CHF i feel i've got a great deal.
Awesome glad you Like it, and OFC as always its always a question for budget, during all my research really was the best option for me n that price range
Im sure ill be loving mine as well .... that is if ever get them :D

Back