Power Supply

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
So I built a pedal and have no good means to power it. I usually run most of my little HX Stomp rig with a Boxking pedal power supply - unisolated outputs - and adding the pedal to that makes screechy noises. Also using a USB battery bank for my G10.

Time to put on the big boy pants and get a real power supply with isolated outputs enough to power my Stomp, DMC.micro, G10, Angry Charlie clone and whatever else I might want to build/buy.

Id want something slim enough to slide under a low profile pedalboard that I'm currently mocking up. Once upon a time I used a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 so as of now I have a PPX8 in the cart but want to hear from others about their power supply mis/adventures.

:poop:

Right now I'm using a Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-12 Pro with good success. Pretty cheap, isolated outs, HX Stomp connected using a Voodoo Lab current doubler cable.
Can't tell you about longevity, but so far everything is fine.
And it's powering this entire shebang:
Bibaboard.jpg

Right now I'm using a Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-12 Pro with good success. Pretty cheap, isolated outs, HX Stomp connected using a Voodoo Lab current doubler cable.
Can't tell you about longevity, but so far everything is fine.
And it's powering this entire shebang:
View attachment 6341
That's impressive!

The Price is Right but the plug is wrong 🇺🇸

Well, basically all you'd need is a different PSU for the mains. It's a rather typical 12V DC, 3A model that you should be able to get pretty much everywhere.
I hava a large storage of "typical" PS' that don't work with anything else. Bout to bin the whole lot

DC7 is $239. PPX8 is $169. Is the Cioks really $70 - 1 output better?
From what I can gather the PPX doesn't seem to have switchable Voltage for each output. The Cioks is much more flexible in what you can do with it. If you don't need flexibility then no it probably isn't worth it?

Another fan of the CIOKS DC7. Also easily expandable with the 4 or 8 expander. If I have to find a complaint, I'd prefer if all the outlets were on the same side. Also CIOKS' website really, really sucks.

The Cioks is cool but I don't like the idea of rca cable adapters sticking out of all sides.

The Sweetfoot offerings are really cool and tempting.

The TruTone has a better price, form, and doesn't need a current doubler to handle the HX.

I think I like the TruTone the best.

The Cioks is cool but I don't like the idea of rca cable adapters sticking out of all sides.

The Sweetfoot offerings are really cool and tempting.

The TruTone has a better price, form, and doesn't need a current doubler to handle the HX.

I think I like the TruTone the best.
FYI it shouldn't but I find that I do need to use a doubler for reliable operation with the Stomp with the CS6, nonetheless. Not really sure why.

Cioks recently released a new product called "Sol".

It's switching mode, so slimmer than some of their other offerings; also slightly more affordable. It also has all the adapter jack sockets on one side and offers 660 mA at 9v on each outlet.

I just bought one. I'm really liking it so far.

I have a DC7, and once everything is plugged in I don’t really notice the cabling. A friend of mine has been considering the the Sweetfoot to go with an HX Stomp and some pedals so I was familiar with the option.

FYI it shouldn't but I find that I do need to use a doubler for reliable operation with the Stomp with the CS6, nonetheless. Not really sure why.

Are we talking about the Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS6?
If so, according to Thomanns specs, it's only got 500mA max. per outlet anyway. Might perhaps be enough to run the Stomp but not to start it up (booting is usually drawing more current).

I have a DC7, and once everything is plugged in I don’t really notice the cabling.
As it should be. Wondering if it would be just as easy in a tight space with those long RCA jacks. And the price keeps me well away. I get paid less than a public school teacher in California.
Cioks recently released a new product called "Sol".

It's switching mode, so slimmer than some of their other offerings; also slightly more affordable. It also has all the adapter jack sockets on one side and offers 660 mA at 9v on each outlet.

I just bought one. I'm really liking it so far.
5 outputs for more $ than the sweetfoot pedals just doesn't do it for me.

Interesting. Product reps gush about how it only needs one output. What issues crop up?

Was leaning TruTone but now leaning back toward Sweetfoot. I can get a supply with 6 outputs (one for Stomp) for $162.25, no tax, free shipping.

Are we talking about the Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS6?
If so, according to Thomanns specs, it's only got 500mA max. per outlet anyway. Might perhaps be enough to run the Stomp but not to start it up (booting is usually drawing more current).
Yes. Thing with the 1 Spot pro is the whole line, each tap; is supposed to be limited only by total current limit.

@yeky83 was who tipped me to this when I was having issues when the other CS units I have owned worked as advertised on this.

Back